Home Made Roll Cage? Anybody DIY?

Backwoodz Tuner

Well I got my teg stripped to the shell and was wondering if any one here built there own roll cage for there DC2? I work in a machine shop that's got a ton of different types of metal, aluninum, steel, etc scraps all over. So I was thinkin of tryin to use some of it to build me a strong and durable yet light weight roll cage. A few guys at my work gave me some pointers but there ol muscle heads, so now I'm askin your alls opinions. Like what type metal should I use, should it be bolted or welded in, any advice would be cool. What would you guys do?

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
Auto Power has some affordable roll cages.

I wouldn't do my own even if I had little experience welding.

konerri

i think building a roll cage is an art. It takes experience and you got to know "hi-flex" areas of your particular car so can focus your attention to that and cooperate it into your design. The thing is anyone can build a roll cage themselves and have it work as a roll cage should. It takes an expert to build a light weight cage and have it function better and at the same time use with less metals. Therefore not only do you have working roll cage but a lighter roll cage, which is essential for performance.

Backwoodz Tuner

Yeah that's what I've kinda been hearin. I know how to tig weld but far from a pro , and pipe bending is a fuckin bitch. Lol! you guys are right I should jus shell out the cash and save my self the headache. Thanks

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
yea i wouldn't do it if you dont have enough experience as a welder to piece one together and do it yourself. buying one is probably better. i sorta like the one that is detachable so you can change from race spec back to daily driving.

i've yet to see one for a G3 4dr tho. i kinda think it'll eliminate the rear passengers. :what: i know dishing out for a custom one is gonna be $$$$$

ShinsenTuner

New and fresh.
I know how stupid this must sound, but I really want a harness bar just to have racing harnesses.