Home made turbo

da9teggy

okay i want to turbo my ls da9 but i want to go cheap but not to cheap lol... this is what i plan on doing buying a ebay turbo kit therbo hwn work around from what i have from the kit..... ive hread that the turbo headers on those ebay kits crack and the turbo are bs so i was going to just buy better turbo and manifold and keep the oil lines and the rest of what the kit offer let me no what u guys think:lol:

Patchezz

(///_-),.I..
eh i dunno bout cracking but most of the manifolds from ebay ive seen have shitty welds on the inside of the manifold.. not smooth at all =[

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Your wasting your money doing that, if your going to buy a new turbo and manifold just piece the rest of the kit together. If you want I have a t3/t4 50/63 trim turbo for sale, brand new, I'll give you a good deal on it.

99Integrags

Yea seems like a waste of money to do that! Just buy a good kit! Remember you always get what u pay for!

DB7xsjado

Old Skool
you need to set one goal at a time..this thread started out the same way as your thread about going ls/vtec. is anything done to your car now?

Although I would NEVER recommend you buying a e-bay turbo kit, there is some success stories with ebay kits..
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2692868 -11sec ebay turbo build
If I were you I'd save up my money and piece together a really nice kit..
how is this a success story at about page 3 homies like "i spun a rod bearing tonight" lol and they crammed 17 lbs of boost into a stock b18a1 while tuning. as far as the parts go though the turbo itself held together lol

da9teggy

you need to set one goal at a time..this thread started out the same way as your thread about going ls/vtec. is anything done to your car now?
i no im just try to find a rite set up for my car and yes a i have bolt on and struts done