hooking up horn buttons to alarm siren

blacktegls99

i was wondering how i could hook up my alarm siren to the horn buttons so when u push the horn buttons it will make the alarm sound

Last edited:

CHILD

all day all JDM
run the positive and negative wires to the respective terminals on the alarm horn from your OEM horn and it should work. You might have to take apart your alarm horn to get to the wire terminals but i think its possible

(in the back of my head im saying)
but why? :what:

blacktegls99

hooking up alarm siren to horn buttons

the stock horn only has one wire comming out of it. and the siren is in the rear quarter panel can i just pull the horn wire from the steering coulmn instead? or would that work?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Or, if you want to keep all the wiring inside the car to:
-run less wires under the hood
-have less wires to send through the firewall
-keep it from being as easy to cut the wires to the horn, which could in turn, prevent a theif from shorting out the siren at the same time.

Do a relay setup to trigger the horn when the alarm is activated. You should have an extra wire coming out of the alarm brain that sends a signal when the alarm is set off.
I have 3 possibilities of what color wire the horn wire in your Teg is:
-blue with a red stripe (least likely of the three)
-blue with a green stripe
-gray
You'll need a voltmeter to figure out which one is the right one in your car. The wire will show power at first, then go to ground when you honk the horn, wether the car is on or off.
All would be located in the steering column harness.

If you don't know how to install an alarm, or don't know how to make a relay work, this will probably be over your head. But it can be done without running more wires into the engine bay.

blacktegls99

there is a little button that came with the alarm and when you are driving you push the button and it makes the alarm sound i want the same thing just i want it to be hooked up to the horn buttons so u can push those instead

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Oh, you want to make it so when you honk your horn, it makes the siren go off too? I thought you wanted to make it so when your alarm is set off, the horn will blare away along with the siren so there's more noise.