How do i keep my engine clean?

GSRxJK89

When i bought my gsr from this guy, he kept the engine like it was new. He told me he steamed it everytime he washed his car. Is steaming it like using that steamer thing on tv. Where can i buy one of those if it is? And is it safe for the engine? Can i steam it another way? Sorry for all these questions but i want to keep my engine clean like he did when he had it.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I wipe my engine down every now and then by hand. I got some grime off the block and trans with some brake cleaner. I think steam cleaning is ok, just try not to get too much water around the plug wires. I had that happen once was a pain to get out.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
After I do my OBD1 conversion, I need to get some of my engine pics up. I have an old one, but its before I cleaned it. It is freakin dirty. It looks a lot better now, but heres the old pic.

CHILD

all day all JDM
simple green and brake cleaner is your friend. it helps out a lot on the built up crap in the engine bay

Matticus

Spray this stuff all over the place (at a car wash if you dont have a pressure washer), let it sit for about 10 - 15 minutes, and repeat if you missed anything.

Autozone is the store for REAL mechanics bwahahahahahahahaha

LA DC5

simple green and brake cleaner is your friend. it helps out a lot on the built up crap in the engine bay
Right you are there Child. Simple Green automotive to me is by far the best stuff out there to get your motor looking new. I cover up the alternator, cover the blow off valve, cover intake, and the plugs. Spray it all over and let it set for just a few minutes, not to long cause it will stain. Then rinse off and you won't believe what it does. Hope this helps. :D

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I did that once, now all it needs is a wipe down. I used brake cleaner on my trans, shit looks beautiful. Also did it t the block when i installed the header.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
when i want my engine cleaned i go to my pops house with a pizza and he busts out the power washer and simple green and we goto town on it lol

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Ominous G2 said:
I did that once, now all it needs is a wipe down. I used brake cleaner on my trans, shit looks beautiful. Also did it t the block when i installed the header.
Is it hard to install headers?