How do i keep my engine clean?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I onyl have the one piece still in blue, got the breather in black now. Thanks to a Gsport hose kit.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
lovin the engine bay onmi i also painted my intake black i just thought it would make it stand out less

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Thanks, but the one thing you guys didnt see is my battery hold down. That paint is coming off, its starting to look ugly. You can see it a little in the second after pic. So thats next.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
ya i noticed it on my second look you can see it starting to rust right in the bottom of the picture

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Yeah, Im not proud of it. It had a rubbery paint on it, that I started taking off. I need to paint it, its ruining the whole engine bay.

YezEr

Retired VeeDubber
hey omni..what were the steps u took to paint your valve cover, what grit paper did u use? how many coats? etc..

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
First just strip off the old black coating with a strong stripper.
I sanded it down to about 320, I dont mind sanding. I used a dremel to get the tight spots.
Clean it, can use denaturated alcohol if you want.
I think I put 3 coats on, I was going to clear it but it turned out pretty good.

realone

Yeah bro! Simple green and a power washer should do it for you if its really really dirty, If not just take a rag and water to it....