How do you double clutch?

BlueInteg

double clutch

Im a noob so help me out please. I learned different ways to double clutch and was wandering if it was just pressing the clutch really hard and fast and release while im in gear driving so that it adds a boost. Also if that would harm my car :? i drive a 94 LS non vtec

june888

double clutch is very useful!! first, u step on ur clutch, then pump some gas, then release the clutch asap!!!! it will boost up the rmp depends on how much u pump the gas!!!
of course, this action will hurt ur clutch, but it's ok man, u wont keep the car for 10 years rite??

0BD1GeEzeR

double clutching is pointless. it wears out ur clutch hellaaaa fast. if ur boosting it doesnt help at all its better to just speed shift thaz what i do.

BlueInteg

true double clutch is pretty useless if you have vtec in your car. then again i have a 94 LS non vtec so double clutching gets my rpm to jump about 2000 rpm more from 3 to 5. I guess i just need to learn how to speed shift.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
thats not double clutching. double clutching is when you are in gear, push clutch in, take out of gear, let off clutch, back on clutch, get in next gear, let out clutch.

that stuff you guys were talking about is just popping clutch at speed which doesnt do anything, since when you press the clutch you start to slow down, so when you let it out you just sort of get a lil "boost" to get you back to, or maybe slower, than the speed you were previously going. you may think you are faster, but try it at the track, and youll see its just slowing you guys down

ghesintegrah

i think not. unless you have a bad knee and can't kick as fast. its useful when driving non-vtec and as for boosting, well it works too. just have to know when to kick it.