how do you install lower tie bar

InFaMoUS_TiPSy

Ohh Yessss ; )
I got halfway through with it then i got scared i was gonna snap the bolt between the frame and control arm lol...someone help me out here

95 teggy ls? anyone know how to do it?

J_Jay_B

teg driver
^ what he said... and be careful with that bolt... those are expensive bolts. from the LCA to the frame is like 18 dollars per bolt... if you are having trouble getting it loose then spray it with some WD40 and let it soak over night. one reason it might be hard to remove is because it is seized in the bushing... this is what happened to me when installing my suspension. i had to replace 3 bolts, and they cost me a total of 56 dollars. now if it breaks you can cheap out and buy a regular bolt, but these are slotted and hardened steel bolts that are only available at a dealership. if you find them somewhere else then i praise you. so becare and take your time with it because otherwise it will be a pain in the ass, even more so than it is now.

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
one reason it might be hard to remove is because it is seized in the bushing... .
yeah that happen to me, I had nu control arms and a local shop had the bolts, so i got them for like buying them lunch lol

InFaMoUS_TiPSy

Ohh Yessss ; )
thankkk youuu peopleee...liquid wrench would do good? i guess thats my job this weekend then...i dont have to jack the whole disc up or anything do i?

Saseydon

Banned
Jay Jay, if you dont mind reposting the pic because it didnt work for me thatd be great, im looking to do this, this week and would like to see a picture of how yours came out

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
whack the head a few times b4 you go to town

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
^ that, and tighten it not even an 1/16th of a turn. just break it forward with a bunch of Rust penetrate and you'll be good to go