How do you paint your brake cailpers?

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I think it's time that I have my own little project to do. Here's the thing, after putting my rims on, you can see the rotor, caliper, and brake pads a lot more now. I want to make them look better. I plan on upgrading the rotor's later. I'm thinking that I want to paint my calipers silver or a grey to match the color of the car.

Has anyone does this before? How do I do it?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Folia tec has a great kit. I know a guy that just painted his IS300 calipers with it, they look very nice.

Matticus

Just get the high heat engine paint (I think its rated at 500 degrees or more) . Its not hard to do at all. I am going to pull mine off and have them powder coated. I think that would be bad ass. Good luck.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
back in the day when everybody was doing it I used to take the whole caliper assembly off meaning the pads, the brackets that hold them in, the bolt that go across the calipers,, and would clean them really good making sure no grease or brake dust was left.. and painted each individual part so no overspray was left were it wasnt supposed to be.. make sure you get high temp paint.. two coats should be enough but let dry between coats... the finished product look really good like it came like that from the factory... and it shows you took your time... hope it helps,, :D post pics when youre done

dremersvision

well that's something that i have done to all my cars. if you dont want paint on it tape it or use something that will prevent the paint from getting on it. you dont need high temp paint. krylon rust proof paint works nice. primer the caliper first usually 2-3 coats is fine then 2--4 coats of your chosen color and if you have enough money get polyurethane clear coat it cost more then regular clear coat but to me its worth it. have fun

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Ominous G2 said:
Folia tec has a great kit. I know a guy that just painted his IS300 calipers with it, they look very nice.
I hate to say I told you so. :lol:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I would do it, I plan on getting the gold. The silver would really stand out with the gunmetal wheels.