How do you remove plasti dip paint job?!?!?!?!?!?

bigbrogers9696

the new guy
ok so sadly some idiot plasti dip the 95 integera i just bought orange.... its matte black underneath which i like is there any house hold ways to remove it? i cant find access to a powerwasher which will take it off but im sol anybody else ever deal with a shitty plasti dip job?

94RS

No fucks given.
It'll also eat through to what's underneath. If the flat black paint on the car is a shitty rattlecan job, you can say bye to that as well.

A pressure washer won't remove it (my front bumper is dipped), but if you spray close enough it'll at least lift to get you started... Ask me how I know :lol:

Scrape the dip with your fingernail until it starts to come up a bit, peel the rest. Simple as that.

Swerve

Shawn
Nope, kerosene and micro fiber towels, I removed all the plasti dip from my eg in that way, worked great, much faster than peeling, and didn't damage the paint underneath

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

bigbrogers9696

the new guy
well the dumbass's who had it before did it to thin so it aint like i can do one big peel and its done trust me ive spent the last 2 days peeling paint tired of looking at it and gas works but i really dont wanna smell that shit for the next few weeks

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
In the old days kerosene used to be the way people would polish their cars. Use that, it's fine! But give it a soap bath afterwards or itll smell like it for a bit :lol: