How not to swap 94-97 headlights for CB7 Headlights

Curbscrapper

Alright so this is my first post on here even though I've been stalking the forum for a year or so. I decided i hated bug eyes but was to lazy to save up for a jdm front end. So after 2 hours at my local pic n pull action in Newark CA and 60 dollars I had a pair of CB7 headlights with no knowledge of if they would even work! Got home and some minor testing proved they would! But how to mount them? So here is my how to guide with pictures (hopefully. I have a lot I just hope I know how to post them!) and a happy ending.

Curbscrapper

Boom here it is (i hope)

IMG_0128 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

Here we see the car without the drivers side headlight in. Im testing out the waters. Seeing if the whole, modification thing is what Im into. Like when your at your one weird emo friends house and you try on his chocker and find out you secretly like it but must never tell anyone.

IMG_0187 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

Here Ive lined up the new headlights to make sure everything is all good. It looks like it.

IMG_0188 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

A little rear view. Not to shabby from the back. Like an old old Polynesian water buffalo.

IMG_0191 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

IMG_0190 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

IMG_0189 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

And so the sacrilege begins. I literally used an M-16 folding knife to cut the brackets off. Genius? Or Genius? I'd say stupid as beans but thats just me.

IMG_0197 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

Next up is the clean up comity. Scrubbed her down real real good.

IMG_0198 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

IMG_0200 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

Next up I scored it with the very same M-16. Not deep enough I would come to find out later on. But hey! Live fast screw up hard. Or is it perhaps the saying goes a little differently. Either way. A mediocre job at best. But at least the lawn looks nice. Also I marked where they need to be mounted with a line! Yay Math!

IMG_0202 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

IMG_0201 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

IMG_0204 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

IMG_0203 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

Huston we have epoxy. Which the lovely Hawaiian gentleman at home depot said would work. Well he was wrong. But its all good because lets frank. Gluing mounts onto headlights is ridiculous.

IMG_0206 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

I used a jigsaw to destroy the bumper. But keep in mind here it the paint was already messed up on it pretty bad so I would't feel to bummed out. Plus I'm just a down right goon for doing it. But I digress.

IMG_0239 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

First mount and they look perfect. Used several different kind of foams until I found this packing foam, I believe it is called, which worked perfectly.

IMG_0471 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

IMG_0472 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

IMG_0228 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

IMG_0319 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

IMG_0314 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

IMG_0607 by CurbScrapper, on Flickr

Theres the final product! Super ghetto and janky. A couple of those last photos i edited with the iphoto stuff because i just discovered it and it was super fun! Like imagine going to a book store and finding a secret ice cream dispenser in the back. Magical. Also the last photo was of me next to an integra at my school I discovered the other day. I dont know who the owner is but they seem pretty cool to me.

Alright so now onto the final message of the story. The mounts broke on the headlights within hours of the headlights being mounted. They barely illuminate the road and could literally fall out at any second. Ive been driving pretty hard though and they haven't but still! Its the principal that counts. So today I finally came to my senses and decided being "original" was in fact not the same as a filthy ghetto hood rat job! But I had fun doing it and I bought a new front bumper for 40 bucks off some dude and ordered new projector headlights that are on the way so soon enough my car will look normal again. So in conclusion don't DONT DONT DONT try and cut out your bumper to try and swap headlights with a different car. Its ridiculous and absurd and silly. Aint no body want to be silly dr.

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
So moral of the story is you were too damn cheap to buy a JDM front end and hacked up a 94-97 bumper with Accord lights?

Great introduction......

vtecteggy617

:welcome: Welcome to the site but......
:ban: why in the world would you hack up that Integra like that. It looks horrible. Sorry I'm usually supportive of creativity but this is scary lol

94RS

No fucks given.
It looks like you tried to mix a 3rd gen Camaro with an Integra and a 300ZX. Shit's scary :lol:

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
you might as well have bought the s15 front conversion if you were gonna hack a bumper to put on a different set of headlights

Curbscrapper

Gents, if I may. I posted this as a cautionary tale. I did something stupid that Im positive a bunch of people have at least thought about. Im literally paying for it as we speak in that I just got a new bumper, headlights, and will have to get the bumper color matched. That being said she looks ridiculous so say whatever you want.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
Gents, if I may. I posted this as a cautionary tale. I did something stupid that Im positive a bunch of people have at least thought about. Im literally paying for it as we speak in that I just got a new bumper, headlights, and will have to get the bumper color matched. That being said she looks ridiculous so say whatever you want.
okay i understand, sorry for giving you a hard time. Here at CI we love our integras and seeing a teg like this ( or someone doing something like this to an integra) just breaks our hearts :( </3

cody110

Integra Atheist
okay i understand, sorry for giving you a hard time. Here at CI we love our integras and seeing a teg like this ( or someone doing something like this to an integra) just breaks our hearts :( </3
it does indeed :| but hes fixing it

Local

It looks like a downy with those accord lights lol. Funny post tho, I like the water buffalo part best.

10/10 would read again