How To: Home Depot Front Lips!

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
How To: Home Depot Front Lips! Write Up!

Okay, as requested. I'll make a write-up on how to install various Home Depot front lips. I'm letting my secrets out. :lol:

Basically you go to Home Depot and buy either one of these two:

Garage Door weatherstripping (my Version 1.)
OR
A roll of Aluminum sheet. (my Version 2.) (should be about 8-10 inches tall. You can cut it /w a chopsaw to however deep you want it to be.)

Also, you will need a couple "L" brackets. At least 2 of them. But I believe they come in packs of 4.

And you will need some bolts & nuts.

Okay to start it off: ( i don't have pics of the Aluminum lip install, but it's the same principal as the Version1.

1. Test fit the lips and cut the correct length. For Integra's cut around 95 inches just to make sure you have some extra slack to work with.

2. Then, just self-tap screw your brackets into the front bumper. (see Ver1. Install pics)

3. Then after that, drill your holes through the front lip (make sure you are drilling in the correct spots).

4. Next, after you've got your holes, just take your nut & bolt and tighten it onto the front lip. I started from one side and moved over until I finished.

P.S. Make sure you measure the length in between each bolt so it doesn't look stupid.

5. For the sides, you can just bolt it into the sides of the OEM "lip". See, you need the brackets for the front only because the Integra lip goes like this:

_________----------------------------_________

So you can bolt your lip to the sides, and then you need your brackets up front.

6. After it's all bolted up, make sure that they are tight.

7. If you haven't done so already, cut the extra slack off.

okay a couple pictures from the Version 1. Install.

Backside:

For the Version 2. Aluminum style, we just used some nuts & bolts, and just drilled and bolted the lip to the brackets, and to the sides of the existing lip. I don't have any installation pics of the Aluminum, but it's pretty straightforward also.

And when you're done, it should look like this:

Or this: (depending on which one you bought)

And here's a progress picture when I did it on my jetta. See how all I did was just bolt it there? it's Easy!

I painted the lip on my Jetta black Yesterday

Last edited:

J_Jay_B

teg driver
i think it looks better on the jetta... i cant think of ha it is with the teg but it bothers me... i think its just because of the color. the red with silver doesnt agree with me. but i do like it... how much was the total cost?

GroceryGettinDB7

GHK ALL DAY!!
i think it looks better on the jetta... i cant think of ha it is with the teg but it bothers me... i think its just because of the color. the red with silver doesnt agree with me. but i do like it... how much was the total cost?
x2....polish that bish!!

acclude

cheap bastard
So we were gonna do something like this to a freinds car a few weeks ago and here are my thoughts.

That garage door stripping is hollow inside (at least the stuff I was looking at the other day was). You could cut the edge of it so that it basically had two layers and hide the screws behind the first layer. The screws and brackets would be completely behind the first layer and out of sight. The first layer would have to mount on top of where the bracket connects to the bumper so that it wouldn't sag over and expose all the mounting screws/brackets, but that would be a way to make it nicer looking.

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
Heres my homedepot lip. I used a different kind of garage door seal.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Yeah, my bro says he want's to paint his front lip black on the Teg.... I'm probably going to paint mine on the Jetta flat black too. My buddy called my car a snowplow a couple nights ago.... :oops:
I REALLY don't like the look of that.

Screws = fail.
You = Fail

Lol.

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
Yeah the only thing that doesn't look good is when the screws show. If it weren't for the screws it would be great. Nice job with the idea though.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Well the whole point is to show the screws.

it's a Time Attack style'd front lip.

edited original post

Last edited:

J_Jay_B

teg driver
i did the one that chessenip has. i kept it for about a month. but now that im lowered i will make another one. they keep your bumper in good condition incase you scrape on something.