How to paint side moldings?

SnowWhite

Hey, i was told that painting my black side moldings would look better and in the pic ACjett posted me with of my car it looks better.
Could painting white on a black mold painting can eventually peel,chip,crack or taking it off and putting it back on might be a bitch? and i would need that exact white, cuz another shade of white would look even more bad than the black does..
Does any one know some info on this? Thank u
Now..

Editing..

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
it looks shaved in the edit. why not take them off and have the holes welded shut instead? it looks a lot better, imo. mine is white with shaved moldings.

MattLaBonte

Sand the molding then prime and paint. Best if yo9u take them to an autobody shop so you get it done right though

bradster101

Sand the molding then prime and paint. Best if yo9u take them to an autobody shop so you get it done right though
Yea but they rape you in places like that... Its sooooo much cheaper to do it yourself, plus then you can say that you did it... ya know?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i painted mine with a rattle can and it matched fine. frost white duplicolor from pepboys is what i used. you could use my pics in my thread for reference.

after a while of having it painted, i decided to shave em off and rattle can the sides. turned out decent.

j13

Keep It Clean
Shaved for the win. But repainting the body isn't always cool, unless you're planning on paint the whole car.

But you could get good results by removing the moldings, sanding, clean, primer, sand, clean, paint, sand, clear coat, wet sand, polish...just take your time and it will look good.

Goodluck.