how to remove side mouldings

Exodius

Hey guys i'm planning to paint my side mouldings I was just wondering would i be able to just pry them on paint them then put them back, or do i hafta rip apart the door panel and go from behind. or would it just be easier if i taped off around the mouldings and painted the mouldings. lol. thanks

JimDCXC

Are you planning on painting them yourself? I would highly recommend having it done at a body shop..

Vanessa

is here for decoration.
Exodius said:
cant afford it :(. it should be fine though if i use some automotive paint and clear coat
I think you should just paint them. For some reason Integras are probably the only car I see around that actually looks good with painted moldings. I was going to take mine off but then you have the possibility of them not filling in the holes evenly and your doors looking wavy at the bottom... Think on that.

Exodius

ya i am painting em but i dunno how to take em off. i heard you gotta go through the door panels but thats a pain. if thats the only way then i think i might just newspaper around the mouldings and paint :)

Last edited:

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
i snapped mine all off.. which wasnt a good idea.... but hey i got them all off. plus i was getting a new paint job the next day anyways

2ndName

Taking the off is easy. Takes a while but is basically like getting into your side speakers. Once you have the side panels off, you can just squeeze the clips and it will then force out the side mouldings.

MidniteFreedom

why dont you make it the side moulding like ITR? thats what im doing =D but anyways yea if your low on budget just paint them youeself if you have the right paint that matches and clear coat it!