i think my ignition lock assembly is broken. HELP ME!!!

boostaddict95

so i think my ignition lock is broken. the key goes in and turns and starts the car but when i turn the car off i can turn the key back to the acc. positon but then is stops and i have to turn it to the on positon and then back and keep doing this until i finally get the key cylinder all the way turned off. also the key can be removed from the cylinder no matter what position its in. do i just need a new key? or a whole new ignition cylinder? thanks

Last edited:

justjdm

DB8 Whore
It could be both. If your key is really worn down, then yea, it will be able to pull out easily. You got 2 keys you can try or just one? You won't be able to get a new one made up if it's worn. If you do, it's just gonna pull right out again. You might be able to get a new key cut from the dealer by using your VIN if the key cylinder hasn't been changed. If it's not your key, then a new key cyliner isn't too expensive and you can mostly get them with a key.

boostaddict95

thanks, i just bought the car yesterday and only got 1 key. so im going to call the dealership tom. to get a new key and see if that fixs the problem.