iacv

DA9teg1

will my car run without the iacv.

i have a 90 da9 and i wanted to know if i unbolt it will it still run?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Sure you can crack open the throttle set screw so it leaks air to idle but its a stupid idea. Do you like stupid ideas?

Amiguel6

They IACV is not one of those optional things like the power steering, ABS unit, A/C, etc...the IACV is a mandatory part

DA9teg1

yup ive done that fixed it for bout a week then head gasket went fixed that and now its doing this shit again.

and muckman ill give it to you that post made my day lol

Muckman

Not a M0derator
haha no hard feelings dude. What exactly are the symptoms?

If its idling high after a head gasket replacement then I would bet you have a vac leak from one of the hoses you touched when removing the head. a vac leak will cause a higher than normal idle and it will surge.

DA9teg1

well it ran just fine with the idle like that and the valve cover gasket got fucked up cause the shop put it in wrong so had to take all that out and rtv it. now it starts and runs with a 2500 idle and it sound as if its studdering. like how you get on a truck with a heavy load going up hill and it just spit and sputters. i dont know how else to explain it. i hope that makes some sence.

im thinking its the iacv thats why i asked that. now vac lines i do know that when i put the head on one of the vac line for the egr valve got pinched and came off but when i drove it from the shop home it was fine still idles high but didnt studder.

i asked a couple ppl if that was causing a problem they said that its fine all that does is circulate the air from exhaust back in the motor and it wouldnt cause any problems with the way it runs. its not throwing and cel or any thing else. oil pressure is good compression is good from what the shop said. and fuel air mix is fine again what the shop said. so im at a loss.

bought the car cause i thought it would be a good first jdm project car for me while i go to school at UTI and that feel through and no job so now im kinda doing this with no money.