Idling issue

bkirshr

User that is Registered
Hey guys,

So lately I've been having an issue with my idle. It all started a couple weeks ago when my CEL code started throwing a code 14. I cleaned my IACV as many forums suggested, then did the FITV and TB since I was there, and replaced my TB gasket also. It's still throwing the code, and sometimes it idles funny (video below) It's not really a "hunting" idle since it doesn't really move up and down in the RPM's, but the sound is definitely noticeable. Any ideas? I think my next move is to check for any vacuum leaks, but I thought I'd ask y'all first to see if anyone has had the issue before.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help

rivman05

Sounds like the exhaust tone is what your referring to from that short clip? It sounds like possible exhaust leak or a vacuum leak. A longer clip would help, and from the engine side as its hard to tell from in the cabin.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Replace all vacuum lines.

Make sure your Iacv and fitv isn't missing any of it o rings.

Disconnect your Iacv and let the engine warm up, set your base idle. Turn the car off and reconnect Iacv.

If that doesn't work, which it should. Clean your map with wd40 and probe your volts on your tps.

bkirshr

User that is Registered
Sounds like the exhaust tone is what your referring to from that short clip? It sounds like possible exhaust leak or a vacuum leak. A longer clip would help, and from the engine side as its hard to tell from in the cabin.
not the exhaust tone, the exhaust isn't very old, just the short repeated revving noise.

Replace all vacuum lines.

Make sure your Iacv and fitv isn't missing any of it o rings.

Disconnect your Iacv and let the engine warm up, set your base idle. Turn the car off and reconnect Iacv.

If that doesn't work, which it should. Clean your map with wd40 and probe your volts on your tps.
I'll try this. I know my O-rings are all there, I checked that the 2nd time I cleaned the IACV. I'll check all the vacuum lines next. then try the last thing you mentioned.

Thanks guys!

In the mean time, any other ideas?