in theory......

hgocasca

level 77 troll
All I'm doing is putting a higher revving bottom end in so I don't have to buy rod bolts, bearings, high comp pistons, yada yada, pr4 ecu should be fine

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Heres one guy that did it using a b16 block:

i did thiss build lol made nice hp lol for a non vtec b16 lol got 140hp to the wheels and crazy rpm at top lol had a diy port polished ls head with reground cams little more wider and little more lift it moved lol for a scrap build i used it as a shop beater lol built it with all the scrap laying around from lsvtec builds lol one things for shure id love to see how it acts on boost lol as for the head studs i cant remember i think i had to mix and match studs from the b16 and 2 middle from the ls

140hp, look out! And still had more money buying all the ls/vtec parts then he would've by just putting a LS in the car lol

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
All I'm doing is putting a higher revving bottom end in so I don't have to buy rod bolts, bearings, high comp pistons, yada yada, pr4 ecu should be fine
Haha good luck to ya, your gonna need some sort of fuel management and tuning, theres another 500-1k you didnt figure in. You say your using the GSR block to raise compression, did you not see my post about the compression ratio of this setup, its .2 points higher then a stock LS!!

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I appologize in advance if I am coming off as a dick here, not my intentions. I just think your not thinking this through all that well, not figuring in all the hidden cost that I have already started to point out lol Heres another link for ya, im still trying to find the one that showed detail steps to do this and the results

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2476283&highlight=reversed+vtec

hgocasca

level 77 troll
I will say I'm perceiving it that way, but I see that isn't your intention, I already have a Guy that does tuning and ecu's, so that extra 1k is covered, I have the ecu ready and waiting for when I either build the ls block or do this idea, of course we're going to fine tune it all later, but I just want a non vtec teg, already have a 91gs with a jdm b16

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Just wanted the answer to my question, it was a simple yes or no guys, I have it, let this thread rest in peace

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Fair enough, I was jsut about to post this "go ahead and do it anyways, cause now I am curious as to how much power you can make on this setup."

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Dearly beloved,
We are gathered here today to lay this thread to rest.....
May your many words of wisdom contained within forever be remembered as a testament to it's possibility and reasoning ...
May the lord receive you as a gift from all of us at CI
AMEN!