injector upgrade?

lokibear

looking to upgrade my injectors but have no idea what size to get or a good brand. they will be going into my 01 gsr sk2 built. probably gonna upgrade the cams to stage 2 and rechip it. any tips?

gugiey

looking to upgrade my injectors but have no idea what size to get or a good brand. they will be going into my 01 gsr sk2 built. probably gonna upgrade the cams to stage 2 and rechip it. any tips?
don't get injectors with out a new pump . you may have new injectors but your pump won't be able to produce for these high flow injectors

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Upgrade the fuel pump like stated. Any reason your upgrading? Are the current ones not handling it or just looking to get better ones for down the road?

lokibear

Already plan on upgrading the pump and filter when I switch the injectors out. No real reason for the upgrade other then for down the road. Still haven't decided if I'm gonna turbo the car or not but I am trying to fully build the motor. Does upgrading the fuel delivery system on a N/A motor help?

Prozon

Kris
You should go by the horsepower your making, or planning to make.. not what sounds cool.

No sense having 1000cc injectors if you're making 200 horsepower, you know?
SpeedFactoryRacing's Pre-Tune Checklist said:
Below is a quick guideline for injector to power rating:

* 240cc/min (stock): 170-180whp
* 310cc/min: 200-240whp
* 370cc/min: 250-275whp
* 440cc/min: 300-325whp
* 550cc/min:350-375whp
* 650cc/min: 400-425whp
* 750cc/min: 450-475whp
* 1000cc/min: 600whp
* 1200cc/min: 700whp
* 1600cc/min: 850whp

Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR)
Aftermarket FPR is not necessary for every application. An adjustable fuel pressure regulator is a good idea if you need to get more flow out of a given size injector.

Last edited:

lokibear

Thanks for that chart duder!! That helps out a lot! My goal is to hit around 300 but right now I'm around 215 on stock Injectors :(

)-Honey Badger Status-(

Prozon

Kris
That's still a pretty decent number on stock injectors. I can see where they would be a limiting factor here.

lokibear

4-2-1 headers, apexi n1 with hollow cat and 18" glass pack, sk2 intake mani, sk2 tb, sk2 cams ( forget which ones think stage one but I can't remember) , sk2 valve train, sk2 fuel rail, cheap intake, blox pressure Reg, aem fuel filter, on 96 octane or at least I try to mix it to around 96..... I think I listed everything and a tune. Wanna upgrade the cams and fuel system and tune it again. Then dyno with my intake then with the whale penis and see if it helps of not.

)-Honey Badger Status-(

lokibear

Now I'm second guessing myself cuz I also tuned my da the same day. That one was fully build by skunk2 b20z. I'll see if I still have the papers so I can be positive and not be a lair!!!!

)-Honey Badger Status-(

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
4-2-1 headers, apexi n1 with hollow cat and 18" glass pack, sk2 intake mani, sk2 tb, sk2 cams ( forget which ones think stage one but I can't remember) , sk2 valve train, sk2 fuel rail, cheap intake, blox pressure Reg, aem fuel filter, on 96 octane or at least I try to mix it to around 96..... I think I listed everything and a tune. Wanna upgrade the cams and fuel system and tune it again. Then dyno with my intake then with the whale penis and see if it helps of not.

)-Honey Badger Status-(
What's your compression?