Injen CAI (deal or not?)

Dsanchez16

Is this a good deal on a injen CAI ?( i think so but i am not sure)

http://www.iapdirect.com/item.asp?invid=238

Check it out. I think it's a good price, but dont wanna get ripped off for a shitty cold air intake.

D*A*S

hyper98gsr

i guess. if the name injen is worth 200+ bucks.

you could swallow your pride and get an ebay cai for 30 bucks.
a t6 aluminum pipe is a t6 aluminum pipe

Dsanchez16

hah

Hey I figure if i am not going to turbo the car, I might as well get the best snap-on parts that i can get to maximize horsepower.

hyper98gsr

you could take that extra 170 bucks and put it towards your turbo. i do sheetmetal/non-destructive testing for a living. and i am telling you honestly that there is no difference between 6061T6 aluminum and 6061T6 aluminum. both intakes are mandrel bent and have the same diameter and length.

are you gonna get name brand turbo and intercooler piping too? or have some made for you at a muffler or plumbing shop for 1/4 the amount.

i understand when you say you want the best. i do to for my car. but if the item dosen't take but 5mins. research and development its not worth the money. i can understand something like a ecu piggyback or a header. those things took years of research to develop. the short ram intake and ram air intake were invented on the streets of los angeles.

hyper98gsr

no, i apologize. i dont want to be pushy. you get whatever you want onyour car. i was just having flashbacks of an argument i had with this guy at a performance shop. he wanted to sell me an obx cai for $175. yea right.