Installing new radio

Tayu

Hey everyone. . . .

So I'm thinking about buying a new CD deck for the Integra. Its a 1989 RS 5speed. . . .

The one I'm looking at is a JVC-KDG230. Now, BestBuy.com says it will fit my car. Do you think that's a safe bet to trust the website?

I was also thinking about installing it myself, but I'm not sure how difficult it is.

heykosal

Angkorian
By fit they probably mean DIN size.
The deck will come with a wiring harness. To PnP youre most likely going to need to go to Circuit City and pick up a Metra wiring harness that will allow the plug off the deck, plug right into the car.
Your other option is to individually splice and solder every single wire. Then its permanent and youd have to cut the wires to take the headunit out again.
Id recommend harnesses and plugs.

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
Yeah wayyy back when I worked a CCITy they have the pNp wire harnesses,can get a honda harness,and the radio specific harness,then those two plug up,and your golden. Simple. Easy.

But make sure its a radio brand they carry the wires for,...otherwise you can get a generic radio harness,and wire up to the aftermarket decks harness,and can unplug at the vehicle.

Just make sure to get the dash kit,..I know any single din radio will work

heykosal

Angkorian
But make sure its a radio brand they carry the wires for,...otherwise you can get a generic radio harness,and wire up to the aftermarket decks harness,and can unplug at the vehicle.

Just make sure to get the dash kit,..I know any single din radio will work
Exactly what I did.

But yeah dash kit too. Metra makes things easy:thumbs up

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
Helllll yess,...I used to work in the car audio department,it was great

back in the day,I knew most of the numbers for dash kits and wiring harnesses for popular cars off the top of my head lol

graveyardhippie

and i'm pretty sure all integras excluding the rsx has the same PnP adapter. i was thinking about puttin a pioneer in mine tomorrow. if i do, i'll let you know if it's a good fit.

squirrell

The Squirrell Is Back
Yes it will work

I work for a shop here in Yakima wa and depending on wether they use AAMP or METRA the # will change but yes they sould have one for it. If not any stereo shop near you will. I have a 7" flip out screan in mine. had to mod for it but made it work.

Last edited:

Tayu

re: squirrel

Yo squirrel, I love toggle switches. What does the one near the little blue light to the right of your steering wheel do?