installing tow hook?

djh1991

does anyone know how to install a datum1 front tow hook on a 98 gsr?

i havent bought it yet, just want to make sure it can be done without drillin into the car or w/e...ive heard that some cars you have to do this.

djh1991

cool, well if i ever do get 1 can i get u to hook me up? ill get to check out ur ride in person then too haha

TheSkygun

djh1991 i just realized im not far from you xD
im buying a rear datum tow hook later for 20 bucks and was wondering if it blocks the license plate at all

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
It's a year old.. I don't think he's really active anymore. Tow hook won't block it at all though.

TheSkygun

thought it would be better to just post in this thread then make a new one though, but thank you. i put it on (think its right) and it looks good to me.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
instead of starting a new thread. Let me just add to this one ;)

Im looking to install a front tow hook. I don't like the flat ones, but if I have to, I will get a flat one. But for now, im wondering how do you install this type of tow hook.

and this is what it looks like installed

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Many newer cars have plugs in the front bumper that are removable to access a threaded hole in the frame. They usually have a tow hook included back by the spare tire/jack/etc. Those are just prettier. The integra doesn't have this, but you can always drill and thread your own hole.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
ah, so no plug and play :(

I do like the clean look but I don't want to drill into the bumper cover. I don't want to leave it on the car when im not racing. Someone will take it off when im not looking

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
You see after I pick the kid up from soccer I head to the track and lap everyone 20 or 30 times. My autotastic 5sp gets a little hot; no worries though cause I just pull over and pop the trunk.

Get out my Mazdaspeed tow hook.

Remove the cap.

People be like "damn check out his...toe hook?"

Nick_C78

I prefer having a tow strap that you can tuck in to behind the bumper.

Why do you need a tow hook?

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Just need to drill and tap a hole in the bumper reinforcement.

Though if it's permanent id add several nuts to lock eachother so it doesn't fall off.

I'd hate for a tow hook to fall off someone's car and get kicked out underneath someone's tire and decapitate me.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I prefer having a tow strap that you can tuck in to behind the bumper.

Why do you need a tow hook?

So I can pull myself out of a ditch without ripping my front bumper off? I've used the one on the ms3 quite a bit, especially in winter. I'd get stuck and have to go get the explorer to pull it free. :lol:

Nick_C78

I was addressing the op. Not everything is about you Aussie!

Strap works well too, been towed at track with it :p bumper stayed on too