Intake cone VS mushroom intake???

dc2

Im just curious, is there a difference between a air intake cone and a mushroom air intake???...Some people say the mushroom is better but when i tried to blow in it by putting my hands on both side, i couldn't feel any air coming through, on the overhand with the one i have in my car right now which is a cone, i blew air and DAng i felt more air touching my hands.
So what do you guys think is the best:

Intake cone VS mushroom intake

Thanks,

Romain

AcuraInt3gra

Baldy201 said:
it all depends on surface area. The larger the surface area the more air can some throught.
TRUE!!!! The man speaks the truth!! Enough said.

Todd

token ex-mod
there is absolutely no difference in power gains between a K&N cone filter and an HKS mushroom filter... not even a fraction of a hp...
i have an HKS mushroom filter on my gsr and a K&N cone filter on my civic... it's all in which you like the looks of better.. and the HKS is a little easier to clean... but there is no power advantage one way or the other

keep in mind that the $350 AEM V2 intake makes gains only 3hp to the crank... and even less to the wheels...

Nd4sped

Damn Todd where did you find a V2 for $350...what a rape...i got mine for a little over $200.

Filter shape has no effect on performance...Just depends on inner diameter of the intake piping.

hadjie85

how do you clean a cone filter? mine is dirty as crap, and i would just replace it but it has a longer rubber sleeve than most others, to get the filter into free space, past all the other components. so im not seein replacing it... :p

Todd

token ex-mod
almost any parts store will sell a K&N filter charger kit. the kit will work on pretty much any k&n style filter

Todd

token ex-mod
Nd4sped said:
Damn Todd where did you find a V2 for $350...what a rape...i got mine for a little over $200.

Filter shape has no effect on performance...Just depends on inner diameter of the intake piping.
imo $200 is a rape also... imo the gains dont justify the cost.... seeing as how you can get an intake for 1/8th the cost and get ~1 hp less power which amounts to nothing in the long run

Todd

token ex-mod
no, that's why you buy an ebay CAI for $45 shipped and get the same results as the AEM for allot less money

DownShift96GSR

All I know is this, I have an AEM CAI right now and since I'll be putting my Skunk2 intake manifold on, i'll need a Type R intake for everything to fit right. I'll be buying a new intake soon in other words.