Integra GSR VS S2000 AP1

Smackinassvtec

That's sick haha I'm going to sac state next year :) what part of the freeway was it?
That was on South 99 just past Elk Grove Blvd, towards Grant Line Rd/Kammerer, If you could see on that last race I was exiting on Grant Line/Kammerer

^ Shouldn't be anything wrong. The GSR is putting down 170's whp. That would be enough to take on the ap1 giving the weight difference with an extra person in the ap1. Assuming the GSR doesn't have a passenger.
We both had a passenger lol. I had a camera guy in my GSR also.

The guy in the s2000 just sat in first gear forever good god lol you could hear it cutting out like 3 times

Sent from the FBI HQ using Tapatalk
I was the one hitting redline a couple time in 1st my bad. It wouldnt catch traction

Swerve

Shawn
Yea I kinda figured haha I was just down there for a playoff football game and recognized it. What speed did you top out at? Looked like at least 115-120

sKm

What is wrong with the s2?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Nothings wrong with my AP1.. it's just that his GSR is fast for what it is.

My boy hits 14 flat in his dc2 consistenly, and a stock/near stock AP1 on a pretty good run will hit 14.2-14.4 from what i have seen. Considering he got me by a car and a half to two cars, it seems about right.

And to get a bit more specific.. his lightly gutted DC probably weighs 2500, plus him and my other buddy were about 260 to 270 lbs total extra in his car comingout to about 2770 lbs. My AP1 weighs 2800 plus me and my buddy were in my car, which was about 340 total, which comes out to about 3140. Seeing that he is making 173 to the wheels and i haven't quite gotten used to the notchy shift feel on my s2000 since ive had it for about a week now, the outcome seemed right. Will do a rerun after i get a few bolt ons though.. :p

sKm

Yep! Lol. I've noticed driving the S that you can't really get on it as easy as other cars I've been in. It's almost like it requires it's own technique.
That probably doesn't make sense :/

Sent from the FBI HQ using Tapatalk
I'll have to completely agree with you lol. That notchy shift feel gets to you sometimes.

OLDSKOOLACURA

My boy hits 14 flat in his dc2 consistenly, and a stock/near stock AP1 on a pretty good run will hit 14.2-14.4 from what i have seen. Considering he got me by a car and a half to two cars, it seems about right.

And to get a bit more specific.. his lightly gutted DC probably weighs 2500, plus him and my other buddy were about 260 to 270 lbs total extra in his car comingout to about 2770 lbs. My AP1 weighs 2800 plus me and my buddy were in my car, which was about 340 total, which comes out to about 3140. Seeing that he is making 173 to the wheels and i haven't quite gotten used to the notchy shift feel on my s2000 since ive had it for about a week now, the outcome seemed right. Will do a rerun after i get a few bolt ons though.. :p
I didn't realize he did some gutting, either way nice race and nice looking cars.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member

Sounds fairly accurate. That 300lbs difference will kill your torque advantage.

I like the numbers smack. I need to tune.

whitedc4

I'll have to completely agree with you lol. That notchy shift feel gets to you sometimes.
Yeah I think I've gotten used to mine. Itll be a month Saturday that I've owned it and I'm finally able to downshift and arrange my feet how I want them right as it engages. I couldn't ever tell before I was used to my civic that always kind of jars a bit when you hit the clutch

Sent from a phone using black magic.

dopematic

Sounds fairly accurate. That 300lbs difference will kill your torque advantage.

I like the numbers smack. I need to tune.
Plus the AP1 doesn't have much torque to begin with either. The difference between the AP1 and AP2 is almost like b16 and a b20Vtec. At least that's how it felt when I drove both AP1 and AP2. Haha.

whitedc4

But the ap2 can't go past 8 something.
The ap1 has been proven quicker to the end of the quarter mile.
It's an argument til you take it to the track. It's not day and night but it's enough!

Sent from a phone using black magic.

dopematic

^^ Ohh I did not know that, learn something new everyday! Interesting. Haha I guess after the launch, both keeping up in high rpm in each of their power bands. The ap1 does kind if make sense like it would have an advantage.