Integra turbo? price? install?

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
looking to turbo my 96 ls. found a full turbo kit with intercooler kit for $600 on eBay, just wondering what mods do I need to install it and how much hp increase am I looking at. I'm looking to turbo it under $800

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Ebay turbos are dog sh!t. Its a no name turbo. Ive personally seen these turbos explode within 50 miles of being installed. "90 day warranty if installed by ASE mechanic" because they know the lifespan on these turbos is very short. There is a reason why name brand turbos cost $500 and up.

That dumptube is unacceptable. At best its going to blow exhaust in the engine bay. At worse its going to melt some sh!t.

Look for any turbo kit with a name brand turbo - Garrett, Precision, Turbonetics, even used would be better than this.

SoundEfx

The only thing I would buy on ebay turbo wise is the intercooler piping.
Everything else, as muckman said, should be bought from name brand manufacturers because they are tried and true.

Also, there are more parts needed to boost your car than what is in that listing.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
what would you reccomend to raise my rpms without a 3500 dollar turbo. I'm looking for more power and acceleration in a $700-800 budget

cpeehler7

Banned
There was a suggestion on here for a mild turbo build a few weeks ago. They suggested a stock Eclipse Turbo charger, you may be able to find one at a junkyard or craigslist. That's probably the cheapest route to getting a good turbo without breaking the bank. I would try to search the forums for it, that post was very recent, I'm sure it's not hard to find. Just don't feel like searching myself lol

SoundEfx

If you want to boost your car, you will need a bigger budget.

The only thing I can think of for that budget is a used nos kit, with the rest of the 'boost' internal and tuning parts.

Up your budget some more because you have to pay to play.

Cheap, reliable, fast : you can only have two.

Wait, did you just ask about raising your rpms? What exactly are your goals?

SoundEfx

We both know that would be a waste of time.

I say save the 800 clams, read and research for about another year and then start looking to do a decent build.
I think what is killing them is the budget. They mentioned 800 and was considering boosting.

Nick_C78

800 to turbo it? Hondata s300 and a decent tune will take up about 700 of that budget. Get a bigger budget meng. Gotta pay to play

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Junkyard kit for 500, chrome for free, tuner for 200-300. You want shit cheap you have to work for it. Ebay parts are shit, ebay is shit, paypal is shit.