Is this worth buying?

Fluxcapacitor

Ok so heres the scoop. I found this integra online and im wondering what you guys think. If theres anything to look out for plz let me know because im going to go look at it in the next day or two and I need a reliable ride. Iwill not be beating on this teg. I will be driving it normally and not like a race car. I just want to know if its really worth 2500 and will be reliable. Also if theres anything fishy or you think this guy is hiding let me know so I can check it out. Its been awhile since ive owned a integra and I am considering getting back into this one if poasible. Here is his craigslist post and pictures.................................http://tuscarawas.craigslist.org/cto/4076138905.html

Last edited:

Amiguel6

I think its worth it, BUT i would stay away from cars that already have engine mods. Just my opinion.

94RS

No fucks given.
First off... Awesome name :thumbs up

Anyway, 2500 for a "real" GSR with a JDM conversion and other goodies.... Something seems off to me. Either there's something majorly wrong with the engine/electrical and the owner knows it but isn't telling,

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Something just doesn't seem right here. I'd stray away.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I dont know what you guys are talking about. The ad says $1. Ill take it.

On a lighter note. Driving the car, having it checked/inspected is the only way to tell you if its in good health or not. Thats what will tell you if its worth it. On the other hand (same hand really) 2500 for a driveable shell that may need rebuilding might be ok.

The Panch

The Homie
Loooks fine to me for 2500,

front end alone is 1000 in some places.

plus its a gsr thats a good price.

check for leaks/smoke/check engine light

The Kev

Vtec? I have V-TAK! Son..
IMO, I would take it.....Just go for a test drive. Try an negotiate for a lower price say 2000, since you are going to do some work on it after the purchase....

mikeman990

Looks pretty nice if you like it I would go for it I looked around for almost 6 months before I bought my 99 GS-R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Fluxcapacitor

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the help. Yea it took me about 10 min to remember my username and password from about 3 yrs ago lol. Im trying to remember how to post pictures and things of that sort again. Ive always liked the help on this forum. Part of me wants to stay far away from it, but the other part of me is wanting to jump on it because thats exactly how I pictured my dream teg and its a great starting platform. My parents are helping me out with the money on the other hand and are bitching about it not being reliable and that i want a sports car blah blah blah. They just dont want me doing any major work on it right away or within the next yr. Thats why im hesitant. On the other hand I know these cars in and out and i also have an associates degree for automotive/diesel from one of the top schools in the country so I know what im doing. My mom seems to think otherwise lmfao. Parents bitch even if you have 3 yrs under your belt and all the knowledge about the car. I just know craigslist is shady as heck and i dont want him to skimp me by putting heavier oil in so it doesnt burn any on the test drive or something. I know the b18c1 can withstand alot of miles but then again k know they get tired faster also. And iI am that kind person whose an ethusiast towards these cars. Its not built for race and i would barely hit vtec. I know its not a bugatti veyron and I dont expect it to be lmfao. I figure heres my list. Check the fluids check for leaks, pay special detail to any smoking and electrical functions. Strut test, I was thinking compression test. And most important test drive it from fully cold to warm up and feel for vibrations shakes and stutters. Cel lights even of cleared should hopefully show back up within a 20 min drive. Im pretty sure its obd1 so I cant get codes checked inless its later 95. Any other suggestions? I know everything is short and choppy and I write alot but i will clean it up the more I relearn the forums. Thanks guys I appreciate all the help.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
^I think your plan sounds good. Just don't get caught up in the mods or the front end conversion. Remember to focus on the little things.

99TegLs

Charly[horse];1277918 said:
^I think your plan sounds good. Just don't get caught up in the mods or the front end conversion. Remember to focus on the little things.
Agreed.

Fluxcapacitor

Charly[horse];1277918 said:
Honestly to tell you the truth im going to be taking the fat intake off. The muffler and maybe some other things to return it back to stock. I want the better reliability and normal quiet car. Im out of that phase of loud cars. Its just a target and annoying. I just wish it had less mods. I really like the itr front end and that color black with the type r wing and rims it looks very aggressive and dead on to what i picture in my head of an integra. If I end up getting it I will be looking to trade/sell most of he mods to return it back to stock. I just want it for looks and reliability thats it. I have a 95 tsi awd with 542hp and tq to match reliable that i cant bare to part with since me and my father built it and have over 13k in it. It only has 6000 miles on it as its just a weekend car. Havent taken it to the track yet but im thinking next summer I might. Im just not much of a track guy.

Fluxcapacitor

You guys know what some good compression #s would be for around this mileage? I know there is a thread on it but im just curious if those will work for this application with the mileage and what not.