Issue with temp hand

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Hey guys. Been having an issue with my heat hand. Was this way when I got it and have since put a gsr cluster in with the game results. It only works in like bumper to bumper traffic. Any other time it falls off like its not registering. Don't think its a temostat but could be. Anyone else had this issue?

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Ive had it fluctuate due to thermostat man . Also due to radiator , air in coolant .

Sent from my Integra.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
It done that with my Ls cluster, then aftermarket spw, and now the gsr cluster. It reads when it wants to but 99% of the time its in bumper to bumper traffic. Probably get a mishimoto therm to see if that will fix it

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I always forget which one is which. There's one for the Fan switch, the Ecu and some have a 3rd for the gauge but some dont, idk?

Nick_C78

The single wire one on the side of the head below the dizzy is the temp switch that controls that gauge. It is probably bad. ORRR what I see happen a lot is the previous owner replaced it and threaded it ALLLL the way on so it reads super funky. It is actually suppose to be about a 1/4 inch from being all the way in. Meaning you should still see a good chunk of threads.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
The single wire one on the side of the head below the dizzy is the temp switch that controls that gauge. It is probably bad. ORRR what I see happen a lot is the previous owner replaced it and threaded it ALLLL the way on so it reads super funky. It is actually suppose to be about a 1/4 inch from being all the way in. Meaning you should still see a good chunk of threads.
Thanks for info, I'll have to check that. IF someone screwed it all the way in would that mess anything up?