itr or gsr engine?

mob182

mob182
I'm planning on swapping a vtec engine in my rs g3 teg next summer. I wanted to get a itr, but i check the difference between the gsr and the itr engine and it's mainly head work and internals. I was planning on porting an polishing the head and going with 11:1 pistons and new internals the following summers. So do you guys think its worth it paying the extra for the itr or should i get an gsr for cheaper?

JdmITRCinci

JDM Bliss
You cant forget the tranny. Thats where alot of differance is. first and second are even but third gear I leave the GSR behind on the track and the downhill. The main upside to the Type R i have found is going into corners I am always in the powerband when I downshift which is another reason why I love the type R. My buddys GSR Also is in powerband but it dosnt pull as hard. In all It comes to do you really want to spend the 4-4500 on the type r. Can you afford it without making yourself a broke dick.

mattrt09

I'm planning on swapping a vtec engine in my rs g3 teg next summer. I wanted to get a itr, but i check the difference between the gsr and the itr engine and it's mainly head work and internals. I was planning on porting an polishing the head and going with 11:1 pistons and new internals the following summers. So do you guys think its worth it paying the extra for the itr or should i get an gsr for cheaper?
is this a serious question

ITR >>>>>>>> gsr

ITR owns gsr

but jdmITRcinci has a great point in the transmission

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
An ITR is already mildly P&P'd, and also already has 11:1 compression.

hksb18

GM TECH
if your gonna be doing all that to the gsr youll spend just as much as you would getting the itr.. save yourself some downtime and most likely a small ammount of cash factoring in labor...ITR FTW..

konerri

Get LS7>>>>>ITR K20
Wat? ls7 can't fit in a teg.

as for the original question...if that is all you will ever do to your gsr, then get a R. But if you're planning much more then go with a gsr. After a lot of mods the R and gsr is no different.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
as for the original question...if that is all you will ever do to your gsr, then get a R. But if you're planning much more then go with a gsr. After a lot of mods the R and gsr is no different.

this is exactly what i was gonna say.
personally, i get the gsr...put in p73 pistons, cams and tranny.....call it a day.

mob182

mob182
Looked around and i think i might go with B18C1 bottom end that i'll convert to a type r bottem end and a b16 head, ported and polished with upgraded valvetrain and stage 2 cams. I'll probaly get good power out of it for less money.