Jabes Teg build thread

Jabes

bored at work so I figured I'd update this just did a few little things while still getting all the turbo parts together.

Had my buddy port and polish up a spare ls head for me and then I installed new valve seals and cleaned up the valves, and vented the valve cover with -6an fittings and painted it. I'm gonna put it all on when I turbo it and put on arp headstuds when I do it all. For some reason the port job looks kinda shitty but looks good in person, prolly just the Iphone camera

Picked up a mishimoto radiator for $80 used and then bought some mishimoto 12" fans and a walbro 255 from the CI store

Most recent update is last night installed my CF Type R wing and got a momo wheel and nrg short hub just waiting for the nrg quick release and then it'll be on (I hate waiting for parts lol)

Jabes

random boredom update lol

got a set of 98-01 tails for $25 and they're mint. unfortunantly on the way back I got into a lil accident and the front end now needs straightened out, so for now the engines out of it and the shell is going to the body shop that my buddy works at soon to get all fixed up and maybe resprayed black. Engine also was a lil tired when we took it apart so picked up some eagle H beam rods for $100 and a set of wiseco 9:1 pistons for $225 and then gonna get the block bored and put it back together and hopefully on the dyno pushing 300hp by spring time and getting some better track times in.

also grabbed a set of buddy club front and rear camber kits for $245 brand new

Last edited:

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Nice pick ups, sucks about the crash tho... Hope it all works out :) you keeping the 94 front or changing it up?

Jabes

Thanks it'll come back better lol, I'm keepin it 94-97 front cause they're kinda dying around me. I wanna do a si-vtec lip and yellow fogs but with the intercooler piping I don't think they'll mount in right. Trying to find a carbon fiber hood for a good deal too for it by the end of the build

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Sounds like a solid plan, updates on how the fogs work with that ic piping for sure. And same on the hood haha, I can never find an oem style one for a good price...

Jabes

it isn't too bad, just got pushed in cause I kinda slid under her rav-4 cause my cars kinda low. Heres what it looked like the night of the accident. Liability only coverage ftl lol

Jabes

got a few pics from the body shop where my buddy is doing the car at

picked up a rad support from a buddy

then got a pic of the body almost ready for primer after my buddy that has the body shop fixed all the rust and dents

got a new set of pistons too since the used ones were a lil too worn for the hp I'm gonna be running

and got the bottom end parts all back from the machine shop just gotta clean and paint the block and then gonna have my buddy assemble it for me since he knows engines better than me lol

Jabes

Gonna be a nice setup one done! Great progress so far!
thanks, I just want it back so I can finish up the engine bay and everything and have it ready for echm. Body guy is being kinda slow cause he's busy getting cars ready for the nj honda day.

yeah, ls turbo, looking for around 300hp this year on s300 and then maybe bump it up to 400hp if I can next year after I get used to 300hp and get some good track times.

Last edited:

justjdm

DB8 Whore
thanks, I just want it back so I can finish up the engine bay and everything and have it ready for echm. Body guy is being kinda slow cause he's busy getting cars ready for the nj honda day.

yeah, ls turbo, looking for around 300hp this year on s300 and then maybe bump it up to 400hp if I can next year after I get used to 300hp and get some good track times.
Sweet, yea I'm gonna try and make it to echm, so I'm sure you'll see my DB8. My car isn't gonna look too good than some others, but oh well! LOL!

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
got a friend had his LS turbo 8 years and finally cracked the block, running 11's on E85