jdm b20 belt problem

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
Okay so I'm in the process of my b20 swap and I'm having a problem with the alternator. All of my ls belts don't fit on it , so which belts do I need? I'm using the b20 crankshaft pulley and an ls alternator. Is there a way to make it so I don't need to swap out the crankshaft pulley for an ls one? I don't want to disrupt timing or anything like that unless I have to. Thanks!

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
so i should get the crv alternator belt and thatll fit right? okay ill try that tomorrow. Also, what about the ac belt? what belt or parts do i need to make it work with a b20 crankpulley and an LS a/c compressor?

ramatan

all crv ones will fit ps,ac and alternator i got the same set up on mind too

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
I bought a crv alternator belt and it was a bitch getting it on. But it does fit.
I'll take pics tomorrow afternoon.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
okay so i forgot to take pics >.< sorry.. but... i think maybe the crv belt doesnt work :/ i think its a little too tight maybe? it squealed alot when it had it tight and it squealed little when i loosened it all the way. so is there a different belt i can try?

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
I dont think the crv belt is working. I think its too small cuz its squealing when its all the way loosened. Does anybody know what belt i need to use for my alternator? Im using the b20 crank pulley with LS alternator.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
the LS belts dont work either. I tried all the belts that came with my LS and they are either too long or too short. The crv one is just barely too short. Anybody else know what belt i can try?

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
well maybe its the alternator bracket? I swapped over the LS altenator bracket so maybe i need to switch the bracket back? Or maybe i ordered the wrong belt. i ordered a alternator belt for 2000 crv. Does this sound right?

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
so i did some research i guess i came across someone using a 32 or 33 inch 4 ribbed belt., so ima try that and does anybody know what car that belt is used on?

wooker_nok

ok this one is the one u need but make sure u using the following componets for it to be correct belt lenght
B20 with gsr OBD1 alt (with gsr alt brakets) = use 2001 integra type-r A/C belt
B20 with LS OBD1 or OBD2 alt = use the 2001 LS/GS ac belt
B20 with B16 or gsr obd2 alt with any brakets = use 2001 GSR AC belt

try those A/C belts on ur B20 swap and u shouldnt have a problem
it work ive been there done that since back in the early 2000