Jeepers94 Build/Progress Thread

94dc4

My name matches again lol
I ended up getting a good price on tinting my windows so I went and got them done yesterday. I think it came out great. Its 15 percent on the back hatch and back two windows.

Before

After

I need tint badly! Hopefully next month.

I still can't believe how clean that car is, lol

jeepers94

93 Integra GS

94dc4

oh yea, are there laws in your state saying you can't have the front windows tinted? I'm not counting the windshield

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
oh yea, are there laws in your state saying you can't have the front windows tinted? I'm not counting the windshield
yeah there are unfortunatly otherwise I probably would have gotten them done as well. in michigan they only allow a 2 or 3 inch strip along the top of the window. i think that would look bad so i didnt get that done. I have heard that if you have a doctors note saying you have eye problems you can get them done but I dont so i am out of luck and i know if i got them done i would be an easy target.

xusake

:haha: Easy target? your already a easy target because you pick the color RED. It soo noticeable or you can say it stands out too much :D

94dc4

yeah there are unfortunatly otherwise I probably would have gotten them done as well. in michigan they only allow a 2 or 3 inch strip along the top of the window. i think that would look bad so i didnt get that done. I have heard that if you have a doctors note saying you have eye problems you can get them done but I dont so i am out of luck and i know if i got them done i would be an easy target.
Small strip along the top? What a waste! I hate dumb laws like that.

In Texas, we can have all the windows except the windshield tinted. I asked the guy to make em as dark as legally possible so I had 35% on the front windows and 20% on the back ones. I paid extra to make the hatch window darker, and I could barely see out of it at night. Plus the interior on my DC was dark gray and black so you'd have to look real close to see anything inside.

I looked at an old Acura Legend coupe (might have been Vigor, I always forget) in my rear mirror and the windshield was kinda dark. It had a Florida license plate so I'm assuming it's cool over there. Wouldn't wanna have somethin like the windshield too dark though.

I can't wait to do somethin about this old school purple tint though. It's missing on the driver's side window and hatch window, and looks like garbage on all the other windows. Anyone know how to remove tint in the meantime? It's not helping my car stay any cooler so screw it.

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
:haha: Easy target? your already a easy target because you pick the color RED. It soo noticeable or you can say it stands out too much :D
yeah i know red stands out but the tint would definitly give them a reason to pull me over. One of the people that my dad worked with got her front windows tinted and the next day got pulled over.

Small strip along the top? What a waste! I hate dumb laws like that.

In Texas, we can have all the windows except the windshield tinted. I asked the guy to make em as dark as legally possible so I had 35% on the front windows and 20% on the back ones. I paid extra to make the hatch window darker, and I could barely see out of it at night. Plus the interior on my DC was dark gray and black so you'd have to look real close to see anything inside.

I looked at an old Acura Legend coupe (might have been Vigor, I always forget) in my rear mirror and the windshield was kinda dark. It had a Florida license plate so I'm assuming it's cool over there. Wouldn't wanna have somethin like the windshield too dark though.

I can't wait to do somethin about this old school purple tint though. It's missing on the driver's side window and hatch window, and looks like garbage on all the other windows. Anyone know how to remove tint in the meantime? It's not helping my car stay any cooler so screw it.
yeah i know what you mean about the purple tint. when I was getting my radio and alarm put in the place tried to sell me a tint job but I noticed all of theres were purple. The place I took it to gave me a great deal and it turned out great.

Razor blade and a hair dryer.
x2. thats the best way even though it can still be a pain to remove.

xusake

yeah i know red stands out but the tint would definitly give them a reason to pull me over. One of the people that my dad worked with got her front windows tinted and the next day got pulled over.
Yup!, my brother had a red da just like yours and it was also tinted + his two front driver side and his front window shield. Came to get gas, then a cop came in after and sat there waiting for us to pull out and then boom he chase us and pull us over for our dark tint. Fucken lame ass cop got noting better to do. But the funnie part was he gave us a warning how lame. 10days to get it off. Now days cop got noting better to do then harress us import guys

red.line

thanks. I'll have to try it.
Flipped thru the new project car mag today and there's another way that should work.
Spray windex all over the window and then cover with a garbage bag preventing the windex from evaporating.
This will force the windex to "soak" thru the tint, allowing you to peel it right off.

94dc4

Flipped thru the new project car mag today and there's another way that should work.
Spray windex all over the window and then cover with a garbage bag preventing the windex from evaporating.
This will force the windex to "soak" thru the tint, allowing you to peel it right off.
Wow, that sounds cool! And even better cuz I don't know anyone with a hairdryer, lol, and I don't even know where I would plug it in unless I go to someone's house. Thanks for the tip!

I'm reading all of y'all's stories and just smh. Sooo glad to be in Texas! It's too damn hot down here for cops to pull people over for window tint. Majority of drivers out here have tinted windows, maybe more. Dealerships even install tint. I'm also seeing a lot more cars at night with aftermarket HIDs so I guess that issue isn't huge either. Cops here are too ticket-happy with speeding, tags, and other driving fuck-ups to worry about tint.