Job offer + Turbo offer = Questions

94LS-TEG

Non-Vtec
You can push stock ls motors to about 300whp easily.
Not for Long. I went through 2 ls motors at 9psi and was nowhere near 300whp and walked the crank in the first one and bent 2 rods in the second one.

I was using hondata s300 on both and they were both tuned correctly and both had somewhat fresh rebuilds. Maybe if I had used eagle rods and srp pistons it may have withstood it but on a stock rebuild both lasted for about 3 months.

Prozon

Kris
I figured so. I'm really excited about it. :D
And to reply to your question in another thread.. I've got two manifolds I have to check out. (Hopefully the first one is good.) But it's a log style manifold, not sure on the brand.

Not for Long. I went through 2 ls motors at 9psi and was nowhere near 300whp and walked the crank in the first one and bent 2 rods in the second one.
I feel like your doing something wrong, did you rebuild both those motors? Lol. I've heard of stock engines running 300hp for quite awhile.. and I've heard of stock engines running 200 for even longer.. years..

Edit:
I think I will be the ultimate judge of what a stock motor can run. I am harder on my engines then anyone you will ever meet. I'll be running 230ish in the next month, so if I blow up my engine in the next year, then i'll agree with you. If I don't, i'll say it was user error on your part. :D

Last edited:

Peeples

If your planning on running only 200hp or so, you should be fine. However you will need to get it tuned regardless. You might call around a few shops and see what they charge. I'm looking at $480 for a basemap and then a complete dyno tune.
I don't think you guys understand when I say I have the hookup.

My neighbor has 4 Civics used to have 6 and they all run 300+ HP, He races R3 class at Virgina international raceway, has over $300,000 in parts alone in his garage.

So saying that means I will have a great tune and dyno.

I would say I am lucky :D

94LS-TEG

Non-Vtec
I figured so. I'm really excited about it. :D
And to reply to your question in another thread.. I've got two manifolds I have to check out. (Hopefully the first one is good.) But it's a log style manifold, not sure on the brand.

I feel like your doing something wrong, did you rebuild both those motors? Lol. I've heard of stock engines running 300hp for quite awhile.. and I've heard of stock engines running 200 for even longer.. years..

Edit:
I think I will be the ultimate judge of what a stock motor can run. I am harder on my engines then anyone you will ever meet. I'll be running 230ish in the next month, so if I blow up my engine in the next year, then i'll agree with you. If I don't, i'll say it was user error on your part. :D
No these engines were rebuilt by honda haven in hornlake,ms. I had a d16z6 boosted and its still boosted but i dont own it anymore. It was around 225hp and been like that for 2 years now. I sold it last year after driving it for one year.

silteg01

only car

ok..im about to make a car purchase for a daily driver. it's an integra that seems to have a good proper tune with t3/t4 turbo, owner says he drives it daily, daily driver to work and back, so my real question is can i daily drive a tune up car thats already been built, work and back, no plan to race at all, and keep car reliable? i have no experience in turbo's at all, any suggestion or feedback will be greatly appreciated.thank you.