Junk yard turbo or turbo kit?

95teg

junk yard turbo or kit?

what would be better for my car ...95 gsr.. piece a turbo together (what parts could i use.. manifold, turbo?) or by a kit as in drag, or greddy, or tubonetics? also whats a price range for both..what would you do?

B16aTeggy

that site rocks.. but its all on how much money u got and teh know how.. u dont know what it takes to make a kit.. and u have the money to buy one.. jsut buy one

Baldy201

A homemade turbo is risky business. There are certain things that need to be in the right place so your boost doesnt creep in you an blow your engine. Also It is hard to fab up a manifold that can withstand turbo pressures and last for a long time. If you can cast iron then that would be perfect but most people dont know how. Do I would say to go with a trubo kit and build off of that.

95teg

if i was going to do a build and not a kit, where could i find a down pipe, and intake charge pipes?

(whats a good turbine for a b18c1 and i dont really want to rebuild the internals.. is this bad?).

Chuckie Finster

Most of the pipes you'll have to "custom make," actually have a shop weld and bend them for you. Some places on the net also sell piping made for custom turbos. And who knows, maybe even the pipes from a pre-made kit may fit.

95teg

hmm that sounds like a pain in the ass.. what do u think about not rebuilding the internals? (i personaly dont have the money as of right now, i'm just bored and want to learn more..lol so i doubt anytime soon i'll be getting boosted..heh!)

Baldy201

If you are looking at running high amounts of boost then yea rebuild the internals. The stock internals can hold up to 9 psi. If you are looking at doing some research go to Team-Integra.net They have tons of stuff on FI. Most reciently there was a thread on higher compression and boost that was really intresting.