Just a quick question

boostedteggy90

im currently building my ls motor, its a turbo setup with a .50 precision t3/t4 turbo

the bottom end is going to be built-
stock sleeves
cylinder walls honed
wiseco 9:1 pistons
eagle rods
arp rod bolts and arp head studs
either ACL or OEM Honda bearings
oem head gasket
polished crank

im keeping the head bone stock,just new seals, etc.

with this setup, how much whp do you think this motor could reliably handle with a GOOD tune?

350whp?

thanks!

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
You'll have a hard time reaching 350whp with a stock head and a 57 trim turbo honestly. The biggest problem with LS's is the head flow. 300 won't be an issue though and that'll be reliably. You could make 350, but I think it'll take more PSI then your tuner will want to push, but thats just my opinion. I'm sure someone will jump in here and disagree but thats the nature of the beast lol.

Head makes all the power, bottom end just has to hang on for the ride.

boostedteggy90

Thanks man:)

what would you reccomend doing to the head? i do not want to go ls/v

valves/dual valve springs/retainers?

i have about a 2500-3000 budget for everything

id be happy with 300whp honestly but if it was worth it to do a little bit of head work for a little more power, i would

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Crower or Brian Crower turbo cams for sure. I would also have a 3 angle valve job done. I'm not saying 350 won't happen with your setup right now, you'll just be running more boost then if you were to have some mods done to the head.

Idk who you have building the motor, but I reccomend www.laskeyracing.com click on store then click on race engines. They have an "econo" build that includes Eagles, CP's, stock sleeves ect, for 2450 shipped back to you! Just an option, then you'd have money left over to buy cams an such.

boostedteggy90

thanks for the advice!

im actually building the motor myself

so cams is all you would reccomend for my head for my whp goal? keeping everything else stock

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
The only problem with port and polishing is its expensive lol. The shop that did the pnp on my head charges 600 bucks. The other problem with it is most shops don't have an air flow bench so they are really either guessing or just gasket matching and polishing it up. Your shop might be different, I just know my local shops suck lol, prob the reason my stuff was sent to Cali. Also if you get the head port and polished then you might as well get the intake manifold ported to match, speaking of manifold, what intake manifold do you plan on running? For a 350whp goal you can run either a blox or a skunk2.

The p8r head isn't a bad idea other then people want $300 bucks for a non vtec head lol. The only advantage I can see with the p8r head ove the p75 stamped head is the oversized intake valves, however if thats a huge concern then you could always pick up some supertech oversize valves for 250 and slap em in there. Just prepare yourself to have an empty wallet. Once you start building its a snowball effect, the money and parts just keep rolling lol.

Have you built motors before? I never reccomend people to assemble their motors themselves. I feel unless your a pro engine builder, you should leave it to them. Not to mention if it fucks up, its on them. If you put it together and something happens well then its your fault. One last thing, well 2 actually haha. !. Are you planning on having the rotating assembly balanced? 2. What type of fuel management/tuning do you have in mind?

boostedteggy90

The only problem with port and polishing is its expensive lol. The shop that did the pnp on my head charges 600 bucks. The other problem with it is most shops don't have an air flow bench so they are really either guessing or just gasket matching and polishing it up. Your shop might be different, I just know my local shops suck lol, prob the reason my stuff was sent to Cali. Also if you get the head port and polished then you might as well get the intake manifold ported to match, speaking of manifold, what intake manifold do you plan on running? For a 350whp goal you can run either a blox or a skunk2.

The p8r head isn't a bad idea other then people want $300 bucks for a non vtec head lol. The only advantage I can see with the p8r head ove the p75 stamped head is the oversized intake valves, however if thats a huge concern then you could always pick up some supertech oversize valves for 250 and slap em in there. Just prepare yourself to have an empty wallet. Once you start building its a snowball effect, the money and parts just keep rolling lol.

Have you built motors before? I never reccomend people to assemble their motors themselves. I feel unless your a pro engine builder, you should leave it to them. Not to mention if it fucks up, its on them. If you put it together and something happens well then its your fault. One last thing, well 2 actually haha. !. Are you planning on having the rotating assembly balanced? 2. What type of fuel management/tuning do you have in mind?
yeah pnp is expensive, thats deffinetely out of the question for now
and i actually have a skunk2 pro series intake mani and a 68mm omni throttlebody i just bought
and theres a local guy around here who does great tuning with Ectune, im gonna have him street tune it and then have it dyno tuned when i get the cash.

and what exactly do you mean by rotating assembly? if you reffering to the crank, then yes its going to get balanced and polished

thanks again for helping out man:)

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Good choice on ECTune, I have considered selling my s300 and going the ECTune route. One of my best friends is an authorized dealer/tuner of it so I kinda wanna support him, plus it has some cool ass features that Hondata doesn't have.

I was talking about the rotating assembly, so looks like you got that covered. Seems like it should be a solid build. Check mine out if you got time or get bored. Links in my signature

boostedteggy90

haha yeah i have before man, look great!
and i agree---Ectune is amazing IMO, better than anything else ive experienced

so my plans are

head- bone stock,possibly brian crower turbo cams

block-
eagle rods
cp or wiseco pistons
arp rod bolts
arp head studs
oem head gasket
acl bearings
balanced/polished crank
hone cylinders