K24A1 in a DA

DAteggy93

I am being offerrd a really good deal on a k24a1 from a crv, and it comes with the full wire harness. My question is how hard is this swap to do and if the motor was previously automatic how would I convert it to standard, and wats the best tranny that will fit

Well, it's a more intense than a strait B swap, but it's not too difficult these days.
To convert it to manual you'll need to get a manual trans flywheel and clutch kit.
Also, you'll need a Cable to Hydro kit.

dc2_2NR

Ricer!
I only know 2 integra's that have done the K20 swap, I dont know about the K24 tho. All i know is be prepared to spent alot of $$

acura_madness

do it bro if you have the money and time go for it i even heard one guy wants to drop a j series in a da cause i seen crx with them too but glwb bro

self

DA squad.
get a RSX tranny, i also herd something about the computer needing reset and that cost a nice chunk of change.
i dont kno how true it is though. but go for it homie, that'll be a dope swap.

David.95LS

Delwarian
your going to need;
mounts (innovative has K into DA i believe)
rsx manual transmission
im not sure if the auto to manual mount will work with k series, so be prepared to maybe cut a mount out and weld a new one in
a big hammer for some engine bay modification
k series ecu preferably a type S, but again this is just off the top of my head
hondata Kpro, which is a pretty penny
Kswap header
Kswap shifter box (as K series uses cables instead of linkage)
Kswap engine harness (or make your own?)
Kswap throttle cable
Kswap intake (or make your own)
timing chain, headgasket, and other various gaskets (your choice really, but better be safe then sorry)
i believe you have to run a half sized radiator in a DA or DC when doing a K swap? if you do make sure to get a dual core or even a triple core if you are going aftermarket. some del sols come stock with a b16 and a dual core rad so if your going oem look for one from a sol

i think thats it, but im sure im still missing some things. So if anyone could pitch in and help get this man swap a K in a DA.

and yes i meant for that last part to rhyme lol