keep blowin the 10a instrument / parking fuse

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
i bought a 96 integra ls 2 days ago. Its stock other than the stereo system, wires were there when i got it, so i installed my stereo.

Last night i go to work and turn on the lights and no instruments.

Later i find out that SAME fuse does all the outside lights too except the headlights.

So i put the spare 10a fuse in there, it blows that.

I figure maybe that fuse is old, so i go to kragen and get some more 10a fuses. Put one of those in and it blows that too.

WTF .... i REALLY dont want to pay for troubleshooting on this problem. This shit worked the night i got the car.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
That happened to me when I put in the first head unit. I didnt tape off the dimmer wire on the harness and it was shorting out, and blowin that fuse. If it has an aftermarket head unit, you might want to start there.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
ended up bein somethin off the hu ... i taped everything that wasnt plugged to somethin and im good now.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Sweet, glad to hear its fixed.

See you got a pic in the sig, looking good.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
yea this mug is fast! ... lol i know it prob only pulls low 16s or high 15s but thats the quickest car ive owned so far. Im really enjoyin the low end torque too

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
fo sho. The 91 civic ran 16.92 @ 83.2 with the sohc zc, short ram, high flow cat, and exhaust.

i still miss that fuckin car for some reason though.