keep my gsr or b20v???

jdmda2388

I have a 95 gsr swap in my da and it smokes bad thinking it needs new rings..

soo was wondering should I take my gsr motor out and and swap my head to a b20 block or rebuild my gsr with some itr or ctr pistons or throw some ctr or itr pistons in the b20??

Or keep it a stock b20 vtec with i/h/e lemme kno thanks

RoachGSR

Hey I run a B18C1. I rebuilt mine with ctr pistons itr valves, springs, retainers, and cams. I also run I/H/E, blox IM and a couple other goodies. My gsr motor runs 204 hp with all this in the GSR You will not be disappointed. Also I have a freind with a b20 vtec in his crx Which my Integra rapes on a regular basis. Hope this helps you make your decision.

Are you sure it's smoking because of bad rings? Before you start disassembling everything I'd check the valve seals and run compression and leak down tests.

jdmda2388

Hey I run a B18C1. I rebuilt mine with ctr pistons itr valves, springs, retainers, and cams. I also run I/H/E, blox IM and a couple other goodies. My gsr motor runs 204 hp with all this in the GSR You will not be disappointed. Also I have a freind with a b20 vtec in his crx Which my Integra rapes on a regular basis. Hope this helps you make your decision.

Yea wanted to rebuild my gsr .. u put stock bore Ctr pistons?? And were did u find ur itr valve springs and retainers? ? And what header and tune u got?

RoachGSR

Yea wanted to rebuild my gsr .. u put stock bore Ctr pistons?? And were did u find ur itr valve springs and retainers? ? And what header and tune u got?
Yes JDM CTR pistons 81mm i believe, I bought the ITR head guts from a friend in Denver that had a complete head build done. I put it all in the GSR cuzz it has a really small combustion chamber so I get really high compression. I'm running tyr y headers with 2.5" collector, 2.5" BWR test pipe, 2.5" exhaust. Chipped P28 ECU not sure what its tuned on but it runs very well. Only run 91 or better octane tho or it'll run like shit, I also recommend a better throttle body I run a stock gsr one and its just not up to the task swapping that out soon. Also an adj. fpr you need to run 28 to 30 psi for the high compression set up the stock one runs way to rich.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Yes JDM CTR pistons 81mm i believe, I bought the ITR head guts from a friend in Denver that had a complete head build done. I put it all in the GSR cuzz it has a really small combustion chamber so I get really high compression. I'm running tyr y headers with 2.5" collector, 2.5" BWR test pipe, 2.5" exhaust. Chipped P28 ECU not sure what its tuned on but it runs very well. Only run 91 or better octane tho or it'll run like s***, I also recommend a better throttle body I run a stock gsr one and its just not up to the task swapping that out soon. Also an adj. fpr you need to run 28 to 30 psi for the high compression set up the stock one runs way to rich.
That runs on 91? Wow that's cool dude every tuner here told me JDM ITR pistons cuz CTR wouldn't work with 91. What intake mani do you have?

Edit: blox mani.. my bad I had to re-read

Last edited:

RoachGSR

I run them just fine on 91 if i use 87 with octane booster for 97 to 99 octain its way fun lol

RoachGSR

I tried to upload a photo of em in the block. It would'nt let me so I made the photo my signature so You all can see them in there