Kenwood Amp Problem ~ Need Knowledge

Peeples

I had music playing and then went to switch a song and all I heard was a quick deep kind of pop as you would when you mess with AUX connection, and then immediately no more sound and AMP quit powering all together. No power light to AMP but my deck runs full power, just no power to AMP.

So basically I checked fuse and it was not blown on the amp and there is absolutely no power running to it.

Is it just done, can i fix it, what happened?

cody1018

Sounds like you over powered the amp IMO, Ive had that happen to me.. and just certian things will just fry the amp its self.

ssbp dc2

Sounds like you over powered the amp IMO, Ive had that happen to me.. and just certian things will just fry the amp its self.
Ive fried an amp running the gain too high on it. Get a multimeter and test the amp out. Or take it to an electronics shop.

Sent from my...

Peeples

Im thinking a wire because its happened before and it came back on after a few days.... I may just take it to a shop to get inspected haha

Ganyon

You said you checked the fuse on the amp. What about the inline fuse on the power wire? Also, make sure everything is still plugged in. Have you tried turning the amp on again?

Peeples

You said you checked the fuse on the amp. What about the inline fuse on the power wire? Also, make sure everything is still plugged in. Have you tried turning the amp on again?
There is no power button, it powers on as soon as I turn the key. Checking today