Looking for the smart one's

squirrell

The Squirrell Is Back
ok here is the deal i have a D16A1 with a DOHC. I have been told that the 88 teg didn't come with a DOHC but i have read different. so i am not sure about the people that have told me different. so that is why i am here with you all. true integra lovers with knowledge. There has been a lot done to the motor and not sure how to tell what all has been done. recently got a nice GT28 Turbo with all the goodies and a 125 shot NOS kit for this car. so i know that there is a flange that i can use to go from a t3/t4 to a t25 which has the same bolt pattern as the t28. But the big problem is not sure how to tell what manifold i need that will work with this head. and another thing is the ecu under the seat or the dash. i was told that the module under the seat is a stand alone fuel management system. but once again no nothing about honda motors. And is it true that with a high compression motor using a turbo you might have to run a higher octain fuel. anways any info would be great. Is there somewhere i can learn more about mod's on these cars and what parts and cars are interchangable? Thanks for your time all.

graveyardhippie

88 tegs have a DOHC D16A1. ecu is under the passenger seat, it's obd0 so depending on how modded you want this car, you may have to go obd1. rywire can make that easier on you. do you know that you have high comp pistons? if so you may want to go back to stock or low comp if your going to be boosting. you can run hi comp with turbo, but you cant run much boost at all, as your inners cant hold but so much pressure. and i believe g1teg.org may have a list of all interchangeable parts, i'm a member on there too, but i'm not on much.