Looking to give my 01 a little more power

Integra55

looking to give my 01 integra. If anyone can help me with this let me know kind of new to the Acura scene but I know some stuff about car. thanks for the help is is all taken in to consideration. Also would like some cheap ideas don't have the funds for what I want to do yet.

Noneed2Hate

Weight reduction is always free. Back seats are easy to take out etc. As far as for decent power gains, you gotta pay to play in that regard.

Bolt on's won't give you much of anything if at all, but provided you go farther than bolt ons later on they will benefit you with a proper tune etc.

Integra55

thanks I am hoping to turbo it in the near future but till then just looking for a little more power

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
Basic bolt ons and a tune should suffice for now. Intake manifold, throttle body, intake, good header and exhaust all 2.5in and like noneedtohate said weight reduction is easy and free. Also you're going to need to get an obd2 to obd1 conversion harness (I use boomslang) with an obd1 ecu in order to chip and tune. Ask around your area about local good shops/tuners to chip and then to tune which for now tuning on Neptune of chrome will be good and once you go turbo and really start to heavily modify I'd go with hondata and if you want to spend real money a full stand alone system. Good luck

Noneed2Hate

Also a good thing to note is if your car is an automatic it'll be a bit pointless to attempt and give it power through above said mods.

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
I hope he wouldn't want to bother if it was an auto-tragic lol but in which case then, 5 speed swap time lol

Nick_C78

Ill be honest...I wouldn't do anything they said. You plan to boost in near future right? Ok, first things you should do is fix any issues like leaking gaskets, hoses, etc. Flush all your fluids and give it a basic tune up (spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap and rotor). Then look in to changing timing belt, water pump and tensioner, as well as other belts.

After all issues are fixed, tune up is done and fluids are fresh you can look in to modifying. As far as mods go, you should look in to various transmissions to swap. Swapping a transmission to one of a better gearing is the best bang for buck mod. It doesn't even require a tune or mess with emissions. You can't beat that!

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
Peoples plans change though or take a lot longer than expected especially if you're on a budget. Tons of people want to boost but not a lot do. I honestly didn't even see his comment about going boost but in case you don't man full bolt ons and a tune and just call it a day. All the other stuff is basic maintenance really and really should be common sense. I've been doing an NA build and so far have replaced damn near evey gasket, seal, hose and fluid in the process.