Lost a race tonight

94DC2nAL

Well, me and a bunch of friends head up to another town and try to look for some fresh meat to play with. Not to many people mess with us to much anymore.

Ok.. We get up to the city and go to the local meeting place of all the imports. We get out and start talking to the guys. I notice a 02 gts celica. Was pretty nice and ask whose it was. A guy comes up and says it's his and asked if i wanted to run. I accept and ask him what is done. He told me i/e. I look the car over don't see anything out of the ordinary. So we leave out. We get turned around and start to head back to make our pass.. We both have passengers( granted mine weight 100lbs more than his). We get up to about 40 and he counts down. I wait and let him hit it , then i do. It is even the rest of the way through 2nd. In 3rd he starts to slowly pull on me. we get into 4th and hit 110 and he lets off with about a car and a half lead.

We get back to the spot we met at and i ask him to pop the hood.. Still nothing out of the ordinary. I finally ask him if he has ever been to the track and he says yes... I ask his time and now i know..

His best e/t was 14.5@96..... I am gonna add a few more parts(tb, cams and v-afc) and meet up with the guy again in about a month. Gotta wait till after xmas to finish getting it all... I am gonna go back and keep up with them though, just to make sure he doesn't add anything to extravagent to his car.

Wasn't a bad race though... Next time there will be no passenger though.

ca86108

14.5 with a celica with only i/e HMMMMM??? 02 celicas are supposed to be the fastest year... rated at 15.1-15.2 quarter mile.. he might run a HIGH 14 but i udnno bout 14.5

94DC2nAL

He had the slip... One of the guys hanging out there is the person who hands the timeslips out after you run.. He said it was legit.

ca86108

damnnnn thats crazy he must be a HELLA good driver

94DC2nAL

I think something was hidden from me.. Never would pop the hatch.. said all he had was a system.

01cleatus

94DC2nAL said:
I think something was hidden from me.. Never would pop the hatch.. said all he had was a system.
I dont know if your hinting he might of had nitrous but I dont think he did. His slips would have made it more apparent if he did and if he is pushing nitrous and all he has is and intake and exhaust the n he is a tard and he'll probably ruin his car by the next time he sees you on the track. But remember his car stock is almost a 100 pounds lighter than you and then you said you had a passenger who looked like he was 100 pounds heavier than his. So if you do the math you guys have the same amount of HP but you were 200 or so pounds heavier and we all know how honda's performance changes with extra people in the car. Plus I am not sure but he might have quicker/shorter gear ratios since his is a 6 speed transmission and yours is a 5 speed.

94DC2nAL

I don't think he would be a tard for using nitrous with just i/e... My last civic was that way.... My integra just had i/h/e..

Both of my cars were ona 75 shot. My civic ran 14.8@92. 2.1 60ft. On 13in stock steelies in an auto dx.

My teg ran 14.3@101with a 2.469ft. On stock 15's. No problems from either car and both had over 100k miles and still running strong.

01cleatus

94DC2nAL said:
I don't think he would be a tard for using nitrous with just i/e... My last civic was that way.... My integra just had i/h/e..

Both of my cars were ona 75 shot. My civic ran 14.8@92. 2.1 60ft. On 13in stock steelies in an auto dx.

My teg ran 14.3@101with a 2.469ft. On stock 15's. No problems from either car and both had over 100k miles and still running strong.
Hey well congrats man but where I live at I have heard nothing but just the opposite. Kids at my school would just slap on a grapefruit shooter and a CAI and then nitrous their cars cause of Fast and Furious and they automatically thought the next step was NOS and ended up having fix countless of things. Maybe they had it installed wrong or something but I personally wouldn't run NOS unless my engine was completely done. but thats cool you had a civic and a teg run 14's in a quarter. May I ask why don't you have either of those cars anymore?

94DC2nAL

I still have the teg.. just no bottle on it for the time being.. Sold the civic to pay for the teg.

jav8or

ca86108 said:
14.5 with a celica with only i/e HMMMMM??? 02 celicas are supposed to be the fastest year... rated at 15.1-15.2 quarter mile.. he might run a HIGH 14 but i udnno bout 14.5
02 celica's are the slowest year, i should know cuz i have one
that being said a 02 celica with i/e could hit in the 14's, but any other year gt-s should do noticeably better