Loud Mouth (The 1993 Acura Integra rebuild!!)

pearl_white

Hello every body!

This will be the new home to my head gaskit, radiator, and exhaust mods. I will also be doing a number of different things to the engine as well.

I am going to be starting work Feb 1st and plan to have this project done by July 2012.

We may be pulling the engine, but dont worry the person I am working with and under is a highly trained mechanic and knows what to do.

So anyways I shall be posting pre-pictures shortly. Just figured I would start the thread for it.

Its dubbed Loud Mouth due to my exhaust when it was running making a loud noise. The exhaust is in really really bad shape. We plan on a total over haul of the exhaust once the engine is running and I am able to check out a buddies lift.

Anyways, consider it started!. All feed back is considered.

pearl_white

Ahh this process

Hello everyone back with an update!

I am going to try my best to include a few photos. I haven't really uploaded to a message board before. But anyways lets try.

First off we started by removing the hood. Making things a lot easier and well DUH!. I actually started wrenching away with the hood on when my buddy said "Lets just remove the hood its a few bolts!." :oops:

I then took a shot of all the current parts/lay out before wrenching away!:

Well before we started pulling things apart we decided to charge up the battery and do a few test fires to get a good feel for whats going on. I had a master mecahnic come by when we did this and we noted that he is 85% sure its the head gaskit. But he did for warn me that you can't judge things by sound or smell.

So after that we started unbolting the head. This was rather simple. It took us maybe five minutes. We placed all the bolts and anything taken off in a labeled bag. DONE.

After that we removed the head cover (what do they call these things I am retarded lol).

We had to hold off after this for more research. We are now understanding that we have to remove several things around the engine (DOOOH). So we decided to remove some cam bolts.

Currently we are removing these bolts. We have hit a snag in which the next update I will provide photos of.

Has anyone ever had an issue with the timing cover? I found that something is always in the way! ugh!.