Lowering dc4

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
I need to lower my car, best way to do this? Good brand to use and what length? My car is stock height. I'm not sure what to get. I have new struts (OEM all around) but should I just replace the coilover as a whole or safe to replace springs? Reading that skunk2 is king but threads I've found have been 5 years old. What are you guys running? (Lot of questions I know lol)

94RS

No fucks given.
Skunk2 is far from King of suspension...

The most recommend setup here is always gonna be Koni Yellows with Ground Control coilover sleeves... Which I didn't go with :lol:

But you first need to figure some things out:

- How much do you have for a budget?

- How far do you want it to be lowered?

- Do you want adjustable height? (spring vs coilover)

- How comfortable do you want the ride to be?

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
Good so im happy i started a new thread on it lol.... and I'd say around 5-7 is a nice budget I'll save for it . I want it high enough to get over speed bumps but low enough to feel some difference in handling/performance. It's my DD .... adjustable height won't hurt but not like I'm tracking and need to adjust frequently. .. and comfortability would be nice . Lol

Noneed2Hate

I went with Koni Yellows and Eibach lowering springs, I'm very satisfied with them so far :)

94RS

No fucks given.
I think I paid around $500 at TunerSports for my setup, which is Tanabe GF210 springs and Koni STR.T (orange) struts, which were on sale.

It lowered the car 1.5" in the front and 1.3" in the back. The handling difference is very noticeable, but at the same time doesn't sacrifice a comfortable ride.

Basically, it almost feels like an OEM "sport" suspension.

Stock

After

The tires are 205/45/16's BTW.

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
Yeah I did my struts last month with some help. I didn't die so.. yeah .. went pretty good lol and 94RS yeah I'm looking now. Thanks for your guys help. Hopefully soon I'll be posting in recent purchases

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
BTW what's spring rates mean exactly? I know I can search but since I'm here and you guys are up might as well ask lol

Noneed2Hate

Yeah I did my struts last month with some help. I didn't die so.. yeah .. went pretty good lol and 94RS yeah I'm looking now. Thanks for your guys help. Hopefully soon I'll be posting in recent purchases
the cool thing about lowering springs is they are easier to take off the strut than OEM springs would be.

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
True, went with the tein. Comes to about 475. Not bad at all. Tunersports is great with pricing.. free shipping too. Cant wait to checkout. Lol maybe this weekend