LS turbo or GSR

droz2

Hey guys,

I am driving an LS now , given a chance, which one would u guys go for?? LS turbo or GSR??
:)

95teg

if you have the money, of course LS Turbo.. but also im a fan of all motor cars..imo

injen

95teg said:
if you have the money, of course LS Turbo.. but also im a fan of all motor cars..imo
All motor cars cost more than just slapping a turbo on to my knowledge that is...

lanojp1

save ur money, build a reliable LS/VTEC monster...then turbo that...ive seen so many sick LSVTECS put down amazing numbers..

3G_TEG

I like all motor over turbo. All motor takes more knowledge of the motor and its workings. But thats just my opinion.

BoostedITR41

3G_TEG said:
I like all motor over turbo. All motor takes more knowledge of the motor and its workings. But thats just my opinion.

not really it is all in the Hp game....VE and CFM don't mean as much with a turbo car till you push the HP limits of the turbo, head, block, etc. an all motor car you just get to those limits much faster so. VE is a major factor in all motor apps.

droz2

Well, i have got my GSR waiting in t he garage now and well, GSR push like 170-180 hp on an NA engine. It certainly will save me lots of trouble because turbo cars will always end up in the garage. BUT turbo GSR is good IF you can tuned it very well...because the turbo will tend to "overwrite" the vtec and if so, it doesn't really matter if its a GSR or an LS engine if i put in turbo...

Anyway, assuming you guys are in the US and will all the mustang and camaro around...let's say i have a turbo integra and i race with a camaro (5.7 litre) , I manage to be closely behind him in the end of the race , who win the race?? me or the camaro?? you guys get what i mean?? what is the weight between a turbo and a NA 5.7 litre car..??( as in how do u guys meansure the win)

Superesc

droz2 said:
Well, i have got my GSR waiting in t he garage now and well, GSR push like 170-180 hp on an NA engine. It certainly will save me lots of trouble because turbo cars will always end up in the garage. BUT turbo GSR is good IF you can tuned it very well...because the turbo will tend to "overwrite" the vtec and if so, it doesn't really matter if its a GSR or an LS engine if i put in turbo...

Anyway, assuming you guys are in the US and will all the mustang and camaro around...let's say i have a turbo integra and i race with a camaro (5.7 litre) , I manage to be closely behind him in the end of the race , who win the race?? me or the camaro?? you guys get what i mean?? what is the weight between a turbo and a NA 5.7 litre car..??( as in how do u guys meansure the win)
A GSR won't push out 170/180 at the wheel (STOCK on a mustang dyno)... more like 130-140. An LS is around 100-110 stock and with low boost can reach close 170-180@wheel (*depends on setup). Yes with proper tuning a turbo GSR is reliable, but that goes the same with LS, not to mention the lower compression of an LS motor which makes it even 'easier' to tune.

If you want the best bang for your buck I would say boost the LS and work from there.