main relay help

Gnasher

Help, I drive and Integra da9 and after a drive once turning off the car engine won't turn over after words I'm not sure if it's the main relay or another relay, or gas pump our anything but I heard if your lights dim when turning on my headlights is an electrical problem can anyone please help me out with my little dilemma?

96LSteg

Jemel
Twist the key until right before starting. Do you hear the fuel pump priming?

If it were your fuel pump the motor would still turn over.

Manual or automatic?

If manual check to make sure the rubber insert didnt come out of the clutch pedal which hits the clutch switch and sends a signal to the ecu letting it know that the clutch is engaged.

Also when you twist the key you should (correct me if I'm wrong) hear the main relay click.

Also check your grounds.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
check your grounds... especially the negative battery cable & clamp... make sure contacts are all clean.

Like the guy above said when you turn the key to the on position ( not starting the car ) you should see the CEL light pop on for about 2 sec followed by an audible click ( that is main relay) during this time you should briefly head the fuel pump prime as well.

if all of that checks out you may have a failing coil unit in the distributor...

96LSteg

Jemel
or an ignition switch in the steering column. Mines went bad and I could not start my car to save my life. Come to find out that it was the original ignition switch from 1996. It had a blotch of paint that matched the car on it.