Major PROBLEM!!! 92 LS

IntegratedLS

IntegratedLS
Last night when i was about to leave work i got in my car started it and put it in reverse. I felt alot of power loss so i put it back in neutral because i thought i didnt have the clutch out far enough. I put it back in reverse and the car started to seize up so i punched the gas while in neutral and the car would not idle higher it kept chuggin. Then all of a sudden it killed on me. Me and another guy tried to start it and he started pumping the gas and it would not start. I smelled some gas and i figure its because the engine is flooded. When i tried starting the car the car would make that sound when your starting it but it would not turn over so i figure i have a bad spark. I also just got my oil pan gasket fixed the day before so i checked the oil and it had a pretty good amount of gas mixed in it. I pulled my plugs and everyone of them had some oil and gas fluids on them. Do you have any idea what would cause a problem such as that, and what i could do to fix it. Also is it really bad to have gas in your oil or does it happen alot or when you flood the engine does it do that. Also the guy that sold me the car has a getto rigged ground on my car, i felt it and one end of the ground was heated up after i tried starting it. Let me know what i can do and should do to fix it, please i really need my car working. Thanks

INTR2001

IntegratedLS said:
Last night when i was about to leave work i got in my car started it and put it in reverse. I felt alot of power loss so i put it back in neutral because i thought i didnt have the clutch out far enough. I put it back in reverse and the car started to seize up so i punched the gas while in neutral and the car would not idle higher it kept chuggin. Then all of a sudden it killed on me. Me and another guy tried to start it and he started pumping the gas and it would not start. I smelled some gas and i figure its because the engine is flooded. When i tried starting the car the car would make that sound when your starting it but it would not turn over so i figure i have a bad spark. I also just got my oil pan gasket fixed the day before so i checked the oil and it had a pretty good amount of gas mixed in it. I pulled my plugs and everyone of them had some oil and gas fluids on them. Do you have any idea what would cause a problem such as that, and what i could do to fix it. Also is it really bad to have gas in your oil or does it happen alot or when you flood the engine does it do that. Also the guy that sold me the car has a getto rigged ground on my car, i felt it and one end of the ground was heated up after i tried starting it. Let me know what i can do and should do to fix it, please i really need my car working. Thanks
Your Gaskets is probably blown or some internal damage has been done.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Are you getting any spark to your plugs?

IntegratedLS

IntegratedLS
Ya im geting a spark. What i think is the problem is one of my fuel injectors are stuck open and its causing my engine to flood which is getting the gas in the plugs and oil. Otherwise why would i get some much gas in my oil and stuff.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
No man you dont have a "stuck open injector" they operate with electrical pulse and your fuel pump has to pump fuel into them, I think your engine either has blown head gasket or you piston rings are done.

LaDY iNTEgRa 9

. . .MiSSiN dA tEg :(
cabezzzdb8 said:
No man you dont have a "stuck open injector" they operate with electrical pulse and your fuel pump has to pump fuel into them, I think your engine either has blown head gasket or you piston rings are done.
Yep, i agree sounds like it to me. Especially with the piston rings. Because if your piston rings, especially your top compression ring and oil control ring, are warped whatever gas that isn't burned is flowing right down your cylinder walls and making it's way down into your oil supply. It could have been going on for a while without your knowledge, so your engine finally seized up. If I could take a look at your car I could tell you a lot more, but unfortionatly I cant do that so I'm just going by what I read. How long ago did you buy your car? Have you noticed "more-than-normal" gas consumption from the time you bought it until now?(if you did that may give you an idea how long the problem has been around and what it might be exactly) Did your car blow blue smoke out the tailpipe? Chances are if you also have a blown head gasket, that you'd smell coolant, your exhaust would be blowing blue smoke, and you'd probably have it mixed down in your oil as well(not always though).

speedin

The Transporter
LaDY iNTEgRa 9 said:
Yep, i agree sounds like it to me. Especially with the piston rings. Because if your piston rings, especially your top compression ring and oil control ring, are warped whatever gas that isn't burned is flowing right down your cylinder walls and making it's way down into your oil supply. It could have been going on for a while without your knowledge, so your engine finally seized up. If I could take a look at your car I could tell you a lot more, but unfortionatly I cant do that so I'm just going by what I read. How long ago did you buy your car? Have you noticed "more-than-normal" gas consumption from the time you bought it until now?(if you did that may give you an idea how long the problem has been around and what it might be exactly) Did your car blow blue smoke out the tailpipe? Chances are if you also have a blown head gasket, that you'd smell coolant, your exhaust would be blowing blue smoke, and you'd probably have it mixed down in your oil as well(not always though).
wow! smart one. your right. piston rings buddy. the gas in the oil, and oil on the plugs is a dead give away. your in for a nice bill :shock:

LaDY iNTEgRa 9

speedin said:
wow! smart one. your right. piston rings buddy. the gas in the oil, and oil on the plugs is a dead give away. your in for a nice bill :shock:
hehe, I guess my 4.0 in engines paid off :p
Also have you done a tune up since you bought the car? If you did it yourself, or if someone else did it the problem should have been recognized like my buddy speedin just said.

Hopefully no other damage was caused by your motor seizing, then it shouldnt be too bad to pull out the pistons and replace the rings. But getting it done somewhere is quite pricey :oops:

IntegratedLS

IntegratedLS
MY CAR IS FIXED!!! Thank gosh. I guess what it was is that my wires were bad and wasnt getting the right spark. So i kept trying to start it which caused it to flood out my engine causing my fuel to mix with the oil. So what they did was flushed the cylinders out and the plugs, let them dry out and put in oil and let that sit. Then they compression tested it and got it to the right compression. And it runs like a beast once again. My gas mileage is about 17 before i replaced the plugs and wires and thats city driving and i drive pretty fast and furious. Thanks for all your inputs im glad it wasnt my rings because i would not be able to aford something like that lol. But hey do any of you have any parts or mods for my 1992 GS(yes i know screen name says LS, long story) let me know what you got and how i can get hooked up thanks.

speedin

The Transporter
IntegratedLS said:
MY CAR IS FIXED!!! Thank gosh. I guess what it was is that my wires were bad and wasnt getting the right spark. So i kept trying to start it which caused it to flood out my engine causing my fuel to mix with the oil. So what they did was flushed the cylinders out and the plugs, let them dry out and put in oil and let that sit. Then they compression tested it and got it to the right compression. And it runs like a beast once again. My gas mileage is about 17 before i replaced the plugs and wires and thats city driving and i drive pretty fast and furious. Thanks for all your inputs im glad it wasnt my rings because i would not be able to aford something like that lol. But hey do any of you have any parts or mods for my 1992 GS(yes i know screen name says LS, long story) let me know what you got and how i can get hooked up thanks.
STOP! it will do it again! the oil the put in and (fixed the compression) its called a wet test. when u do a normal compression test and i fails u do a wet compresson test, u put some oil in the cyliders and if the compression gets fixed. it means ur piston rings are bad. i can only tell u this. it takes you to act on it before u do any damage. also no matter how much u flood it. oil shouldnt ever get in their!

LaDY iNTEgRa 9

speedin said:
STOP! it will do it again! the oil the put in and (fixed the compression) its called a wet test. when u do a normal compression test and i fails u do a wet compresson test, u put some oil in the cyliders and if the compression gets fixed. it means ur piston rings are bad. i can only tell u this. it takes you to act on it before u do any damage. also no matter how much u flood it. oil shouldnt ever get in their!
Yeah, but only a few drops. lol Don't want to do any more damage by squirting too much oil in the holes.
Compression tests are fun... oh, so, fun! :roll: lol Make sure your pistons for each cylinder in a row are at TDC. You can check that by using some tissue and inserting it at the top of your head in the hole, then crank it, and when the tissue flies out is when your piston is at TDC. Do it for each cylinder as you move through the compression test.

Or maybe I'm just too shot out right now and I'm not even thinking of the way to do the compression test?
Either way, don't use too much oil. :)

Last edited:

IntegratedLS

IntegratedLS
No they had to get all the gas soaked up so they used some cleaner to clean the cylinders. Then they let it dry and put in oil to help soak into the cylinders. Then they did a compression test and it passed the test. How can you tell if its going to go again?

LaDY iNTEgRa 9

IntegratedLS said:
No they had to get all the gas soaked up so they used some cleaner to clean the cylinders. Then they let it dry and put in oil to help soak into the cylinders. Then they did a compression test and it passed the test. How can you tell if its going to go again?
My dude, theres 2 different kinds of compression tests.
Dry and wet. They can both give you different results.

Just because they corrected it and got your motor to work again, doesn't mean the problem isn't still there. Whatever caused the gas to enter your cylinders like that and make it's way to your oil hasn't been corrected.

Also what I recommend is getting a cylinder leakage test done to because that will tell you exactly if there's any leakage in any of your cyls.

You engine could pass a compression test, but still fail a cylinder leakage test. Compression tests just tell you how good your engines compression is to burn the air/fuel mixture. But the cylinder leakage test will tell you if you have leakage anywhere, which in result will give you results on if you're leaking any of that air/fuel mixture from your combustion chamber. You're looking at anything up to 20% is ok, but anything above that you definitely have a leak somewhere and should get it fixed. If you have bad rings, you'll hear air escaping from the valve cover's breather cap or the oil dipstick tube. Bad headgasket- you'll hear it coming from the spark plug hole next to the one being tested. Etc etc. Good luck!

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
IntegratedLS said:
Hey if your looking for parts I have a ton of B18 parts, from fuel rails to intake manifolds and a whole bottom and done by golden eagle. You name it I probably got it. Oh yea the bottom end is stoked out to a 2.0 sleeved with rods, pistons, bearing, knifed crank, ummm.......yea.