Matt's GE8 Picture/Progress Thread

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
As most of you already know, I recently purchased a 2009 Honda Fit Sport. With the DB8 having mechanical problems, I needed a reliable daily driver. If I ever wanted to buy a new daily driver, I always told myself that I would get a Fit. And that's exactly what happened.

Engine/Drivetrain:
L15A7 (79,XXX miles)
Denso Iridium Power IK22 spark plugs
HKS Hi-Power axle-back exhaust system
K&N 69 Series Typhoon air intake kit
Spoon Sports magnetic drain plug set
Spoon Sports radiator cap

Suspension:
Eibach Sportline kit
SPC EZ Cam XR front camber bolt kit

Brakes:
Brembo solid/vented brake rotors (Front)
Goodridge G-Stop stainless steel brake line kit
Motul RBF 660 brake fluid
Raceline USA zinc plated OEM front brake calipers

Wheels/Tires:
Work Emotion CR Kai powder coated Translucent Teal (17x7 +42)
Falken Ziex ZE-912 (215/40/17)
Muteki Super Tuner Black lug nut set

Exterior:
Custom carbon fiber roof spoiler
Mugen ventilated door visors
Spoon Sports short antenna

Interior:
Mugen rear view mirror cover
Spoon Sports blue wide rear view mirror

Electronics:

Blue Graph: K&N drop-in air filter
Red Graph: K&N 69 Series Typhoon air intake kit

[YOUTUBE="GE8 Dyno w/ K&N 69 Series Typhoon Air Intake Kit"]<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O44Y9p82rgQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O44Y9p82rgQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>"][/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
niiiice man i love the ge8s i hope to own one some day! keep us updated!
Thanks man. GE8s are fun to drive and are so reliable. I can put so much crap in the back it's a joke. And 10 cup holders... Drinking party in the GE8 anyone?

like i said matt....lower it....and put hids in it.
I'm took your advice into consideration. I was also inspired by fellow Fit owners. I'm ordering a Xenon Visions HID kit soon and I'm still waiting for more coilovers to come out.

konerri

my beater comes with 5 lug...hahaha

i say just leave it along. It a beater for a reason. If you have money to spend, then spend it on the teg.

jackacc

Nice pickup! My wife and I were going to buy a Fit this year but I could not believe the 09's were like 19 grand! And now the used ones near me are 17k with 10k miles. The 08's were 15K new!!! Crazy, but they are in demand.

Although they are low hp, there are not many cars out there I have driven where I have had so much fun. Fit's are awesome. And oh yeah, SO much room inside, very deceiving from the outside. Good luck with it!

Turbo on the list of mods? :)

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Nice pickup! My wife and I were going to buy a Fit this year but I could not believe the 09's were like 19 grand! And now the used ones near me are 17k with 10k miles. The 08's were 15K new!!! Crazy, but they are in demand.

Although they are low hp, there are not many cars out there I have driven where I have had so much fun. Fit's are awesome. And oh yeah, SO much room inside, very deceiving from the outside. Good luck with it!

Turbo on the list of mods? :)
Thanks man. I don't really have any plans for the engine as of now. Just suspension and wheels at the moment.

yeamans17

I notice that a lot of GD3 owners don't like the GE8. Are you on Fit Freak too?
I was, I asked them to delete my account and iamray was being particularly douchy that day and banned me for life instead of deleting the account.