Maybe a new teg

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
as the title says, i might be getting a new teg. its a 93 LS. now what is the difference between the LS engine and the RS engine? anything? i know about the power stuff, but i mean performance wise.

CLspec

CaliLifeSpec
their the same..ls..se..gs..rs...same motor..but LS is more common...mines an SE, but i tell people its an LS..so..that they dont be like wtF??

tonys2teg

super brother
i ls-s phucks my head up because the look like it can be a gsr . only way i could tell the diffrence at my school is to look at the side where it say( dohc) or (vtec) and it said dohc

ls-s = special editon

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Although all 90-93 Tegs have a B18A1 engine (except the GSR), the 92 and 93 B18A's make 140 HP at 6300rpm's and the 90 and 91 B18A's make 130 HP at 6000rpm's. Both make the same torque, have the same displacement and have a 9.2:1 cr. I don't know what they changed to make it more powerful.

rainstateracer

I think the only difference is options like power windows and door locks and that crap. I have a 91 LS and it has all power options but I don't have a sun roof. That kinda sucks but hell, I only paid 2K for it and it runs like a champ. I think that is the only difference in the LS, RS, etc. Options and driver comfort and all that kinda stuff.

KaosTheory

DSMER
Kuchtaboy said:
as the title says, i might be getting a new teg. its a 93 LS. now what is the difference between the LS engine and the RS engine? anything? i know about the power stuff, but i mean performance wise.

if you want a second gen teg, ihave a 93 GSR for sale. :drive: