Mendoza's build thread!

mendoza

The car is back and looks AMAZING! will be posting some pictures when ever i get a chance to clean it

type-r97

if you look in the drivers side door jam there is a sticker that will tell you if its a type r or gsr you will see it

DC2MAN1119

is the shop pulling yourleg on the rocker panel. it really didnt look like it was that bad honestly.. anyway its already fixed.lol looks good man. im pulling towards its not a gsr just a well put together clone. theres vins in the passenger firewall dash and front driver side door jam. does it have any of the type r strut bars? some type r's had inner fender braces but i think thats just a jdm option. type r lip? either way it looks good. honestly put the type r rims back on it looked better with those.

DC2MAN1119

also if you look at the rear suspension its different. type r suspension mount inside of the rear lca's and all other mount on outside of lca.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Looking back he never reported on the firewall vin but going with what he said previously id say its a gsr with the shaved moldings and swapped roof. All the 98 type r's were white unless it was repainted and i doubt it.

How much did you pay for it originally?

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
I've seen his car before, and recently too. Looks pretty good after the shop and paint, took some pictures of our cars with some friends that he has to post up here.

If I remember correctly, he said he paid $3200 for it with a blown B18C5, swapped in a B16 he found for cheap.
Inside the drivers side door, the tag says INTEGRA TYPE R, however the title says INTEGRA GS-R. He decoded the vin and it came back as a GS-R.
There is no sunroof, the car has a full Type R interior, 5 lug hubs, real Type R wing, Type R rear suspension, Type R doors, and a Type R exhaust. Someone could have converted a GS-R but it seems like a lot of work to do.

mendoza

Exactly what max said! The car has all the interior, suspention and characteristics of a type r. But the firewall, tittle and dash have the same VIN # which comes out to a GS-R.

The drivers side door moldings were not shaved, you could tell when the door was hit that it was the same metal.

Anyways this car is very hard to understand but Im glad its the way it is, i love it!

As far as the lca's someone mentioned, ill take a look at it bc i have to replace them since the rear drivers side wheel is tilted and bent down. Its not the wheels bc ive interchanged them and it looks exactly the same. went to a shop and they said it was the spindle?! Other people said it was the LCA's were bent. So idk, will be getting a definate answer on monday. This is also why they ITR wheels are not on, i would rather have the black wheels be worned out.

Pictures will be posted today or tomorrow.

mendoza

Here are the pictures...
-->ENJOY! and leave some comments!!! <--

& here are some night shots i took

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
i see em.

Look for stress marks around the control arms etc. With the impact you had it could be the trailing arm. I had an alignment shop figure out why my wheels was tilted once and i couldnt tell with my own eyes but he was right, it was the trailing arm.

Its interesting trying to figure out what it is but it looks like it was a good find since they went through the extent of getting real itr doors etc.

mendoza

I cant see them on tapatalk but they i see them when i go to ci, wierd!

Thats what i think it is, & if its that im fck'd! Its going to be expensive!