mileage situation

integraboy

im asking for an opinion, is 75,000 mileages toO much on a integra, cause i saw it on a red integra and my parents told me its toO much and i was like "..." yeah had nothing to say.....so im just asking yall opinions

ca86108

HELL no... thats LOW... hondas last FOREVER.... im at 114,000 and im doing FINE... if u get towards 180+ then u gotta start worrying.. or its still fine then.. just get a tune up when u hit 90 and its cool

integraboy

man my parents told me that toO much and all that...but i guess they dont know much about the hondas/acuras

speedin

The Transporter
integraboy said:
man my parents told me that toO much and all that...but i guess they dont know much about the hondas/acuras
exactly! mine has 70k and ill tell u runs perfect, and the interior and exterior are in great condition. i know this car will run for awile w/o major part breakdown!

Black_GS

shouldn't be a problem i have 171k on mine and no kracks or anything on the leather its all bout the owner..

latindc2

For what year? just be sure that car is not beat to hell, search how the mainteance(sp) of that car has been. Honda last forever bro.

Chuckie Finster

Tell them to stop buying domestics. :p

But no joke. Well maintained, there's no reason you can't get over 300,000 mi. Our '91 Accord has over 350,000 with I/H/E & Cat, and has never had any overhaul's. None. Just tune-ups and maintenance. It did survive a broken timing belt (yuck) and now it's sitting because my drunk uncle decided to take an off-road excursion into a curb.

And then we have an '84 Toyota pickup that has enough miles to go to the sun and back. I drive it to school (30 miles one-way) and back everyday. It's on the 2nd motor but you're talkin' over--who the hell knows how many miles--and I know the previous-previous AND previous^3 :lol: owner didn't take very good care of it. Hell, I don't take very good care of it (which I should, I've done everything with that truck).

Toyota being #1 and Honda (or Acura if you guys are that anal) following a very close 2nd in quality. Sorry guys, don't flame me for that. :smokin:

GSRawe

Chuckie Finster said:
Toyota being #1 and Honda (or Acura if you guys are that anal) following a very close 2nd in quality. Sorry guys, don't flame me for that. :smokin:
:smokin:
You've been flamed!

sleeperintegra

wanna hear something? i've got close to 200k on mine and my car was just startin to act up. it didn't seem to have regular maintenance from its previous owner. so yea, it'll go for a nother couple hundred thousand :D

slikk

Money Getter
i got my 90 LS @ 185K miles. i currently have 210+K and i never had a problem.

all repair i had to do was routine ... new brake pads, coolant change etc...

no worries here

tYPe R iNt3GRa

No not at all

I would say that 75,000 miles is not a lot at all. Honda/Acura cars last forever. I would know from experience.. my dad owns a 1985 Accord and he had 510,000 miles on it before engine replacement. Now thats a hella lot of miles.

HYPE-R

I bought my ITR with 80,000 miles on it then replaced it with JDM ITR motor with less miles so I can build it.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Chuckie Finster said:
Tell them to stop buying domestics. :p
That's what I was thinking, hehe, they must be domestic owners all their lives. 75K on a Japanese car is not alot, that equals like 40-50K on a domestic, you know, when their interiors start to fall apart and the head gasket blows :lol:
What year is the car?

integraboy

TegSox said:
That's what I was thinking, hehe, they must be domestic owners all their lives. 75K on a Japanese car is not alot, that equals like 40-50K on a domestic, you know, when their interiors start to fall apart and the head gasket blows :lol:
What year is the car?
nahh...they're not domestic owners....they just like cars that has low mileage...so im like isnt 75 low enough...but yeahh hopefully i can get a car at least around there