misfire

joshshady

my car misfires and wont run on cylinder 3 or 4. i took the head off got it checked. they found nothing wrong with it. i got the block, pistons, and piston rings checked, they were fine. i had fuel going to both cylinders, i had a good strong spark, and the head gasket looked fine. so i bought a head gasket set and starting to put the car back together with my friend who has been a mechanic for 11 years. i was wondering if their is something else we should check before putting the engine back together. also its a jdm b20b p8r high comp. head. i had compression around 200 in all cylinders. please help!

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I read "misfire" but I so far I havent read anything about you checking or replacing ignition parts.

VisionedThread

I'm no mechanic, but do you think that maybe you're not getting good fuel injection? Or maybe a vacuum leak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joshshady

I switched the fuel injectors around and 3 and 4 misfired. I checked the injectors for amps/current. I checked spark with a diode. I forget what it's called looks like a spark plug.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
OK so its not injector related.
How do the spark plugs look? When was the last time the spark plugs were replaced?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
So what you're saying is you're getting fuel and spark to the cylinder and nothing at all is happening. Unless someone forgot a rag in your intake manifold that's just not possible.

joshshady

I have had machanics looking at it where I work while I tore it down they can see what's wrong with the engine. I'm gonna put it back together and hope it's fourbangin again.